wats best ferreting dog any pic's

we you all have the best dog /terrier if it do the job you we want them to then they are the best .each to there own but i say PATERDALES for get the rest have the best

never seen anybody use patterdales for ferreting they be sore on a rabbit.

your not looking very hard then are you .sore ? why . are the pats you kwow pats at 18 ich :tongue2:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst out ferreting with my new aprentice the dog i took on last year he's had one trip out with the long net , not on his own before anyone Parps up lol , he releases fine when told to leave but he's so quick in that time he manages to get an extra crunch in , how to stop him crunching guys ???? I mean I was impresed when he left it I thought it would be a nightmare any advice cheers guys ,

Whilst out ferreting with my new aprentice the dog i took on last year he's had one trip out with the long net , not on his own before anyone Parps up lol , he releases fine when told to leave but he's so quick in that time he manages to get an extra crunch in , how to stop him crunching guys ???? I mean I was impresed when he left it I thought it would be a nightmare any advice cheers guys ,

had a lurcher that went all hard mouthed tbh i just moved her up a gear and she worked for another 3 years fine , never tried training a dog to go from hard to soft best of luck , most of it is bred in lol soft mouthed terrier :whistling: hard mouthed spaniel :laugh:

At least they ain't going anywhere. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone used a border terrier when ferreting?

My friend had a border,was a decent ferreting dog.The 2 borders iv seen work were both very game and 1 was as good at ratting as any terrier iv ever seen.Dont know why their not more popular with working terrier lads...

My lab x collie is amazing at getting stuck on fences, gettin caught in nets, getting in the way of the lurcher, chasing rabbits......... But couldn't catch a cold haha

She loves the outing though, it's all

About the banter and being out for me, I'd rather have a good day and get 6 than a wank day and end up with 30, if you get me

Edited by Veedublee

Has anyone used a border terrier when ferreting?

My friend had a border,was a decent ferreting dog.The 2 borders iv seen work were both very game and 1 was as good at ratting as any terrier iv ever seen.Dont know why their not more popular with working terrier lads...

I`ve seen one work it was a great dog to have around, i find them abit more calmer than other terriers might just be me i would love to get one in the future. did you know if the border which was used on ratting was any good with ferrets?

we you all have the best dog /terrier if it do the job you we want them to then they are the best .each to there own but i say PATERDALES for get the rest have the best

iknow what ya sayin but my best pugin dog was a yorkixjack one out standin bitch she mark earths along the road banks while in the front of me tradesman bike we ride miles with a pug in me inside coat pocket happy days they was just shy of 20 when she went

I use lurchers for ferreting,they don't work cover like a terrier but they catch bolters better than a terrier,they mark just as well at least mine do. :thumbs:

DSCF0271.jpg

DSCF0040.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

Like anything if it works for you that should be enough.

thats a nice dog on the left

Which one mate? The shaggy one?

Or the wee black one bottom pic? Or slightly less wee, top pic?