anybody make ferret boxes

i made one. well chuffed with it until i realised that i had bought the wrong wood. i got MDF instead of plywood. i soaked it in paint to try and protect it. think i might of made it a wee bit too big. everybody that has seen it has been like ' bloody hell, its nearly the size if a rabbit hutch' gutted lol

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

make your own just think of the satisfaction you will get when it falls apart and u have to take the ferret home in your underpants compo style

I still use the first box i ever got of my own, my old man made it for me. It's fecking heavy, feels like it's made of scaff planks :laugh: but solid enough to sit on, or for when it rolls down bankings. It will take 4 stinkers, and has a strip from a barbour jacket as the strap. It did, one day last season fall apart mid trip, but it's repaired and lives on. Must be 20 years old at least. Wouldn't swop it for anything :thumbs:

Ferret carry boxes manufacturers come and go....if you have a look through the old posts you'll see a recent thread that concentrated on the boxes made by Micheal flatters & moxey.....both are good lads who offer a fantastic service at a reasonable price, have a look for this recent post & take your pick, I'm sure you'll be more than happy with your choice....

I still use the first box i ever got of my own, my old man made it for me. It's fecking heavy, feels like it's made of scaff planks :laugh: but solid enough to sit on, or for when it rolls down bankings. It will take 4 stinkers, and has a strip from a barbour jacket as the strap. It did, one day last season fall apart mid trip, but it's repaired and lives on. Must be 20 years old at least. Wouldn't swop it for anything :thumbs:

lol boys these days its too heavy ffs :laugh: if they moan about a box with 2 ferrets how they gona manage a rucky with 20 rabbits and a box ,spade,packed lunch ,dog on a lead :laugh: :laugh: stop greetin get an apprentice :thumbs:

lol boys these days its too heavy ffs :laugh: if they moan about a box with 2 ferrets how they gona manage a rucky with 20 rabbits and a box ,spade,packed lunch ,dog on a lead :laugh: :laugh: stop greetin get an apprentice :thumbs:

:laugh:

Your right mate, i'm a big poof :thumbs:

On a serious note though, climbing up near vertical hillsides with the box with 4 stinkers in, a shovel, back pack full of nets, water bottle, locator, and a pile of rabbits strung off every limb, in the fecking rain, is no joke.

Apprentice. . . . . .we need a fecking sherpa! :laugh:

:laugh: not u lol the ones who say i got a box but its to heavy :laugh:

On a serious note though, climbing up near vertical hillsides with the box with 4 stinkers in, a shovel, back pack full of nets, water bottle, locator, and a pile of rabbits strung off every limb, in the fecking rain, is no joke.

:laugh: not u lol the ones who say i got a box but its to heavy :laugh:

I did wonder :whistling: It's out now tho :o

We got ourselves a rabbit carrier last season though, by the name of 'Young Tom', to be fair to him he did well :thumbs:

Sometimes it's a bit much mind and nice to get back to the odd mooch with just one jill in a pocket, a dozen nets in my other pockets, a good knife and the dog :thumbs:

19102010255.jpg

19102010256.jpg

19102010257.jpg

Nice work flatters like the look of the large double , but I wouldn't need the piece in the middle to split the box would be for 5 or six jills , can you sit on one for a brew and a snack had one off eBay comes without varnish on crap it was all bluddy staples , Sitting on it is a must for an oldie like me with creaking joints ,