what do you remember from the 70's

Had exactly the same one. I now have a RD350LC X reg 1980 I think.

The AP had five gears but the FS1E had the edge.

Edited for some train spotter shite

Mine was a metalic red Lee! remember there used to be a few of us when we was 16 hammering little 50's about :whistling:. think the fastest was a Garelli Tiger X, another lad had a Honda SS50 and another had a Suzuki AP, I loved my little Yammy and finally moved up to a DT175MX which was my pride and joy until I smashed my knee showing off doing wheelies on the back pegs :laugh:....

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1st place to start would be by getting a grip 2nd take your trousers back of the wife and put them on :thumbs:

the blue parker / duffle coat with orange inside the hood with furry trim mmmmmmmmmmm

Posted Images

anyine remenber the balck harrington jackets?with the red tartan lining

Had the full rig out,purple fred perry,levi red tags from crazy house at the Trongate Mr Davids for everthing else All on the good old Provy cheque,Cause I had wee feet had to settle for Major Domos,me thinking I was the next Joe Hawkins an all. :boogie:

monkey boots spray painted silver and fair isle jumpers stapress troosers and a crombie coat and tarten braces :icon_redface: provy chq lol the orange pound note :blink: bellbottoms :icon_redface: ffs what was the shop in argyll st just along from the crazy hoose 2 auld guys ran it everything was in drawers whole fkn shop was drawers :icon_eek:

DEES it,s still there. managed to get my first pair of Cherry Red Docs from them,mind you, had to wear two pair of socks,done 1inch braces in all colours,Specials at the Apollo Amazing!still got Madness Autographs.

apollo lol i went when it was greens playhouse :icon_redface:dees :thumbs: has it still got all them drawers :laugh: :laugh:

Got to have a telephone table in the hall, only the posh people i knew had one of these :D

post-57301-0-70021900-1308784602_thumb.jpg

Tell you what this thread has reminded me of and i cannot find them anywhere, they were a cult at the time, posters of beautiful naked women (paintings not photos) they were warrior type women and would be with giant snakes etc, all by the same artist...similar to this type of style?

http://blog.creativesaloon.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Warrior-and-Sorceress.jpg

Did your phone have a lock on it ? ours did, put money in the box before you got to use it.

Wayne Hemmingsley,artist has a full collection of them an the WH smith prints,Crying Boy Blue faced lady etc.. google him.

tv with the 50p metre on it :icon_redface: :icon_redface:

yea they put a phone lock on ours aswell.all you needed to do was tap out the numbers on the wee black buttons on the cradle.and made the call anyway lol

i remember i was dogging the school and i was concerned that they would call the house.so i took the phone to bits,and stuffed the bells with cotton wool.(yea daft i know)anyway saturday morning lying in bed and unknown to me mum had called bt for a fault.i could hear the guy downstairs saying

"well ive seen a few things in my time,but this is a new one" hahah mind you i can laugh now,wasnt that funny at the time

Yamaha FS1E :notworthy:

arhhhh give us yer rd350 lee , be your best buddy if you do

Yamaha FS1E :notworthy:

arhhhh give us yer rd350 lee , be your best buddy if you do

It's all in bits frame parts sprayed, ready to be assembled. I need to have the bottom half of the engine rebuilt and I can find a decent tank(if anyone has one let me know ££££, someone was making them for £400 unsprayed :icon_eek: Oh and the disk version of the FS1E is a DX version if I remember correctly.

gypsies, they wernt called travellers then all the men had greased back hair, wore proper collered shirts and suit pants with dealer boots ,not vests or tracky bottoms in sight,stag and greyhound lurchers for sale with the hjkc words attached.terriers that had never seen shows and bow legged russels everywere.

In the 70's we did not have a phone, i used to have to walk to the phone box with my Mam and her bag of 2 pences. Would hang around outside untill it was my turn to say hello to my aunties :D

When we did eventually get a phone in the 80's no need for a lock, i would not have DARED use it without asking permission first.

Same story here. My dad forbade us young ones to chat to our friends on the phone "do your chatting at school or in the street" he said. To this day, I am still very stingy about running up big phone bills :thumbs: Our first phone in the house was a big mustard coloured job.

A shared phone line with the neighbours . Can't remember how it worked as i was pretty much banned from using it without God's permission .

Then there was the Summer of 76 when it was so hot the roads melted and you had to lean your motorbike against a wall because the stand would just sink into the tar and the bike would fall over .

post-13773-0-10965800-1308867347_thumb.jpg

I blame The Fonz for the handlebars !.

radio one road show st ives rugby club

earth wind and fire

ddddd dave lee travis

cracker jack

diggin bagers was legal 1973

ka knockers them plastic ball thingy majigs

subutio

crips with a blue bag of salt in

birmingham bags with big pockets on the side :icon_eek:

white people owned news agents and petrol stations :blink:

the working class worked

poles lived in poland

:(

A shared phone line with the neighbours . Can't remember how it worked as i was pretty much banned from using it without God's permission .

Then there was the Summer of 76 when it was so hot the roads melted and you had to lean your motorbike against a wall because the stand would just sink into the tar and the bike would fall over .

post-13773-0-10965800-1308867347_thumb.jpg

I blame The Fonz for the handlebars !.

Those Oil stains on the road from the Bike ?? Gotta be, it's a Triumph.

By brother had a couple (Bonny and a Trident) and he never managed to stop the things leaking. :laugh: