Deleted

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

no its a fair point dotty u got a buyer and a target , i agree locators r great but theres a limit u can dig lol .the average starter can still enjoy the sport without being pressured in to buying exp

just for anyone that thinks keeping a jill in season all year is ok, this is what can happen http://starescue.org.uk/#/willow/4546656754

I'm not defending leaving jills in season as I would not do that myself but the poor jill in that link had been subject to general neglect, not just prolonged estrus.

The vet involved who knows his ferrets, he beleaved it was being left in season that had caused her to be in such a state.

I was just commenting on what it said in the article about the jill likely having been kept in dirty conditions. Certainly being left in season on top of the other aspects of her care that were lacking did leave her in a terrible state.

I know the ferret and rescue personaly and from descussion with them, they truely beleave it was being left in season that made her so ill.

So what your saying is the vet "believed" and the rescue "truely believed" it was down to the jill being left in season, so in reality they are only guessing. There

is no proof whatsoever that being left in season caused the jill to be in that condition.

When you read things like "her vulva was the size of a massive donut" you start to doubt everything else that's been written.;)

You will need to get organised with the hob its best getting snipped when his balls are dropped and thats going to be the same time the jills come into season

You will need to get organised with the hob its best getting snipped when his balls are dropped and thats going to be the same time the jills come into season

Well, someone else said I can use their hob on my jill so ill probably end up getting a hob in january or december and snipping him then or ill wait untill the jills are out of season.

Well, someone else said I can use their hob on my jill so ill probably end up getting a hob in january or december and snipping him then or ill wait untill the jills are out of season.

get the hob sniped aug then he be ready the next season u need to wait a few months after the op anyway before hes clear,even if u got him sniped in may u will need to leave him till july/aug to be sure

Edited by f mac

get the hob sniped aug then he be ready the next season u need to wait a few months after the op anyway before hes clear

so you rkn I should use another hob and then get mine done in like august (next year)?

get the hob sniped aug then he be ready the next season u need to wait a few months after the op anyway before hes clear

so you rkn I should use another hob and then get mine done in like august (next year)?

assuming your getting kits now .or u may get an older working hob that can be done early next year but u still need to wait around 3 months before hes clear by then the jills have already been in season 3/4 months either way your 1st season with jills will need the jab orloan of vas hob

assuming your getting kits now .or u may get an older working hob that can be done early next year but u still need to wait around 3 months before hes clear by then the jills have already been in season 3/4 months either way your 1st season with jills will need the jab orloan of vas hob

a vas hob shouldnt wont be a problem. thanks for the advice, ill probably get a kit and get him done next august. Wont be getting the kid for about 6 months though maybe more.

you guys arnt going to believe this. one of the vets i contacted said

The cost of the injection is £32.80 + consultation fee £24.75, this needs to be done yearly. There is also a implant you can have put in males and females this is £69.40 + consultation fee £24.75 this implant can last for up to two years. It is not recommended to have ferrets spayed or castrated anymore for health reasons. If you need anymore information please contact us on ******* and ask to speak to Deborah Stafford which is one of our vets. Hope this helps. Thankyou

I replied saying for a 20ml bottle its like 50 pound so how is it justifiable to pay 38 for 0.5mls. rippoffs.