Question for everyone

Thought it might be interesting for everyone to know what type of lurcher your running and in what area and what your main quarry is and how you pursue it ,

For example : I run a saluki/grey bitch

My main quarry is rabbits

I lamp and ferret with her

I'm from Lincolnshire and the ground i run is open fields and some woodland .

Maybe this will show some interesting correlations :thumbs:

i am from wales

i have lurchers

i work my dog in fields

i hunt legal quarry (rabbits)

:thumbs:

Hmmm i see i have made a bit of a tit of myself , i know that we can only legally hunt rabbits and rats so this might be a bit pointless :wallbash:

How about what type of dogs are run in which area that might throw up some interesting results ??

IF it was preban i would be bringing my saluki/grey/whip onto long ears this winter.... but because of the ban i can only run rabbits. I'm in Cumbria and run small fields no bigger than 20 acres.

Thanks for the reply , we can include what you would have run preban as well :whistling:

I am from the Scottish borders, and I hunt field mice, ma dog is too SLOW for to catch anything else, but it gives me great delight, when he retrieves his quarry back to me,(((( and if you believe, all the stories, about Scottish dogs, What else could you expect from,

A Saluki/grey/whippet, standing just over the 26" mark, (((( they are poor, poor running dogs, ((( maybe I will have to change to plan B, AND GET MA SELF A BULL/BEDDY/WHIPPET, THANK YOU ALL,

Saluki/Whippet/Greyhound, 9 months old and 24" tts. We run fairly small fields of various terrain and I'm hoping he catches me a few rabbits in his first season, lamp and daytime.

If it was pre ban then I would of loved to slip him on a few hares but the law is what it is unfortunately :-( :-( :-(

Gaz

Saluki/Whippet/Greyhound, 9 months old and 24" tts. We run fairly small fields of various terrain and I'm hoping he catches me a few rabbits in his first season, lamp and daytime.

If it was pre ban then I would of loved to slip him on a few hares but the law is what it is unfortunately :-( :-( :-(

Gaz

im running bull crosses and never heard of a ban so run owt that moves antis gamekeepers farmers and plods open season on owt fcking mint whats a ban fck it :thumbs:

• Like 3

Gaz

im running bull crosses and never heard of a ban so run owt that moves antis gamekeepers farmers and plods open season on owt fcking mint whats a ban fck it :thumbs:

you my friend are a f**king legend lol

not being sarcastic just letting u know

atb

Tell you what theres some sarcastic twats on this site....

people go on about preban but lets face it not many on here had and thought for for what was legal and what was not before the ban and letts face it most of us poached allover any way its hard to get any hunting dun unless you break the law and tresspass in the persuit of your chosen quarry what was ileagal then is still ilegal now just that now you got to be more on your toes as the plods do you for every little thing fck the ban

This don't have much to do with this post but the other week I was walking my dog down the path and a the plods were driving behind me really slowly watching me for about ten minutes and even when I turnned into my mates garden to see if he was in they stopped outside the house and watched when I went into his house they just left

can't even walk ya dogs without the plod watching it's stupid.