back to basics

been doing well with my pup untill recently, 10 month old sit, stay, lie, heal, jump and retrieve to a decent standerd , he has chased rabbits for about a month now but never been close, i dont want him to but they are everywhere so it happens, the other dogs dont bother terriers and older lurcher, anyway mixi has arrived and he cought 1 on friday the dogs chased him but he ran off so i sent him in as a retrieve with the terriers wasnt going to happen, left the other dogs in field and took bunny off him, the mrs took them this morning and yes it happend again only she didnt no what to do so no retrive , i found it then threw it for him and got a bit of a retrieve but not great then he brought all his dummys back later, do you hink he will still come good or what? GOING BACK TO BASICS but would like to no if it has happend to anyone else

been doing well with my pup untill recently, 10 month old sit, stay, lie, heal, jump and retrieve to a decent standerd , he has chased rabbits for about a month now but never been close, i dont want him to but they are everywhere so it happens, the other dogs dont bother terriers and older lurcher, anyway mixi has arrived and he cought 1 on friday the dogs chased him but he ran off so i sent him in as a retrieve with the terriers wasnt going to happen, left the other dogs in field and took bunny off him, the mrs took them this morning and yes it happend again only she didnt no what to do so no retrive , i found it then threw it for him and got a bit of a retrieve but not great then he brought all his dummys back later, do you hink he will still come good or what? GOING BACK TO BASICS but would like to no if it has happend to anyone else

he is only a pup mate im going through the same with my ten month except when he catchs he does a lap of honor before the retrieve just keep on top of all trainging and make it fun for the pup atb.

he is only a pup mate im going through the same with my ten month except when he catchs he does a lap of honor before the retrieve just keep on top of all trainging and make it fun for the pup atb.

think i will keep him on a lead when the other dogs are there untill i start him properly about september time, like you say hes a pup thanks for reply

I agree don't get dispondant, keep up the training, your dog is it an adolecsent age and trying the boundries with you, i had a dog who at 1yr old caught his 1st lamped rabbit and was so determined neither me nor my husbsnd was having it he swallowed it whole then puked it up later walking home down the road, it was amazing!! Your dog will be less likely to retrieve with other dogs around try taking it out alone and practicing with a rabbit or dummy if you can. Good luck!!

been doing well with my pup untill recently, 10 month old sit, stay, lie, heal, jump and retrieve to a decent standerd , he has chased rabbits for about a month now but never been close, i dont want him to but they are everywhere so it happens, the other dogs dont bother terriers and older lurcher, anyway mixi has arrived and he cought 1 on friday the dogs chased him but he ran off so i sent him in as a

retrieve with the terriers wasnt going to happen, left the other dogs in field and took bunny off him, the mrs took them this morning and yes it happend again only she didnt no what to do so no retrive , i found it then threw it for him and got a bit of a retrieve but not great then he brought all his dummys back later, do you hink he will still come good or what? GOING BACK TO BASICS but would like to no if

it has happend to anyone else

Same here he does a lap then is abit reluctant to give it to me he is getting better but got to keep at it

atb good look people

Edited by J.DOG