hpi vehicle check help

I went to look at a defender today and planned on picking it up tomorrow but i have just done a vehicle check with rac and i got this:

The current plate was transferred to this vehicle on 27/07/2009

BAL4N was applied to this vehicle on 23/06/2009

This VRM has been recorded as being written-off

The insurance write-off was recorded on 05/12/2006 against a BMW 520I SE A

J235SRU was applied to this vehicle on 01/07/1992

There are no interests recorded against J235SRU

this is all a bit confusing to me so could anyone help me out, it says it has been written off but was this another car that the private plate was on? should i stay clear of this? any help appreciated.

I went to look at a defender today and planned on picking it up tomorrow but i have just done a vehicle check with rac and i got this:

The insurance write-off was recorded on 05/12/2006 against a BMW 520I SE A

J235SRU was applied to this vehicle on 01/07/1992

this is all a bit confusing to me so could anyone help me out, it says it has been written off but was this another car that the private plate was on? should i stay clear of this? any help appreciated.

sounds like a ringer to me

That just means that the private plate was on a beemer that was written off.. 3 years before the plate went on the Landie,,

VRM Vehicle Registration Mark

Should be nowt to worry about,, It will have on the V5 if the landie is a write off in any category :thumbs:

J235SRU i presume is the original year of manufacture as 92 is a j plate ( nothing wrong there)

it had an accident in dec 2006 and was written off but it doesnt state what cat it was given ( given the 14 years difference the insurance company may off seen it as a loss even thru minor damage)

it probably sat in a garage or someones garden until it was repaired and a new plate applied for.

if it was me i would just give the vin /chassis numbers the once over again against the v5 and get a reciept for it.

how many owners has it had in the last 3 years since the new plate was applied for?

well thats how i see the info anyway

Edited by chimp

no the other plate is on it now isnt the private one but i have read over it a few times and it seems that the plate was written off when it was on a bmw before it was put on the car but i will call the rac to check it with them as well. thanks for the help :thumbs:

The insurance write-off was recorded on 05/12/2006 against a BMW 520I SE AJ235SRU was applied to this vehicle on 01/07/1992

The VRM has a write off against it,,3 years before it was put on the Landy,, while it was on the beemer,, no worries!

ATB