past and presant dh x

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That the way we bred some of them, sorry..   This one was 29 inches, killed rabbits so easy it was laughable, took over 100 roe in one season, minced fox and did quite a few hares in his time..and,

Cheers scrappy.. heres another we bred   And some more deerhound crosses,   and some more first crossers, all bred from our stud deerhound  

Had em in the 's mate decent dog then tings move on have you seen a pure deerhound latley

Posted Images

The ones in the past wer passable, today well laughable :laugh::laugh:

29" :blink: and thats a bitch :doh: Best left in the 80's :thumbs:

:icon_eek: Bit of a sweeping statement that. I take it you've not seen 29" dogs catching then.

Isn't it just :blink: Of course they can catch, they can do it with style - my old deer x 29" bitch, 10 years old, and after suffering a recent life threatening illness, she is STILL beating her younger smaller counterparts to catch.

DSC_0062-1.jpg

DSC_0188.jpg

_DSC0371.jpg

Edited by Keeps

Keeps,thanks for the photos i love the second one any chance of any more as regards hare before the ban.ATB TREVOR W

Trevor, my camera skills and cameras were a little dodgy back then, I don't have many photos, and the ones I do aren't so good :)

DSC_0189.jpg

slipping.jpg

isla2.jpg

nice pic terv i thought mine was tailed like a rat but come on lol

good steering arm on him there bud

i got them dvd s ta and sent you a e mail regarding info and sent something thru the post for you

my palls had two brothers out of same litter d/h collie /greyhounds both rough coated in the 90s would take all quarry with ease both dogs were 27tts racey looking dogs best d/h crosses ive seen bred in northeast by a kid called billy hayts the dog were shep and brek if any lads can remember them they know what a right pair of gooduns they were :thumbs: y

• 3 weeks later...
kid called billy hayts the dog were shep and brek

I was there the night when Brek was killed in east-london running a fox,I was also there the night shep almost died smashing his head open in yorkshire,I chatted with Tone recently about shep,I have some pics somewhere but they are quite graphic,black & White of shep on fox,I remember watching him racking up a credible tally of rabbit in caithness despite his size.