walked up mini driven

hi i have available 8 days woodcock snipe partridge pheasant and duck shooting in devon!

6 guns average 25 30 birds three course meal £900 per day

my god thats expensive :icon_eek:

Guest john5

hi i have available 8 days woodcock snipe partridge pheasant and duck shooting in devon!

thats £150 each gun i take it ? , if so thats not a bad price

thats £150 each gun i take it ? , if so thats not a bad price

you are joking... right :blink:

£150 per gun, 30 birds and the 3 course would be exspensive for here.

I'd be expecting to pay £30 on a top driven shoot, more even if it has some classy high birds but for a 30 bird day i think you'll need to lower your price mate.....if you can get £25 then you should be happy.... :yes:

I'd be expecting to pay £30 on a top driven shoot, more even if it has some classy high birds but for a 30 bird day i think you'll need to lower your price mate.....if you can get £25 then you should be happy.... :yes:

cost you a few more quid for a driven bird here lab..

Yeah al bet some places are into the £35-£45 bracket now mate but those are the places that have already built up an excellent reputation for quality birds no doubt... :thumbs: Just shortly things will have to change i think as the amount of people with that kind of money to splash around is drying up..............bad times for the industry.. :thumbdown:

Yeah al bet some places are into the £35-£45 bracket now mate but those are the places that have already built up an excellent reputation for quality birds no doubt... :thumbs: Just shortly things will have to change i think as the amount of people with that kind of money to splash around is drying up..............bad times for the industry.. :thumbdown:

down here there seems to be more demand than ever I spoke to 2 big commercial shoot owners last month and they both said that demand had been so high that they had sold all their days by the end of march the game farm I deal with also said that they had to turn people away as they couldn't/wouldn't do more,The number of shoot closures seems to have stopped and I have heard of some restarting.

I do agree it is not good at the moment in the industry but I can see a good future ahead some of the dross will have gone both shoots and gamefarms but I am sure we will carry on and be stronger for it :thumbs:

down here there seems to be more demand than ever I spoke to 2 big commercial shoot owners last month and they both said that demand had been so high that they had sold all their days by the end of march the game farm I deal with also said that they had to turn people away as they couldn't/wouldn't do more,The number of shoot closures seems to have stopped and I have heard of some restarting.

I do agree it is not good at the moment in the industry but I can see a good future ahead some of the dross will have gone both shoots and gamefarms but I am sure we will carry on and be stronger for it :thumbs:

Well mate i hope you are correct. I knew last season that the corporate days were fewer and i was led to believe that this year was the same with no quick change expected in the near future. As long as the days fill up then my orders will remain....i really feel for the small syndicate shoots who are forking out extra on poults, feed and general shoot needs without generating any income..its these guys that are effected more i'd say rather than the large commercial shoots..... :thumbs:

Well mate i hope you are correct. I knew last season that the corporate days were fewer and i was led to believe that this year was the same with no quick change expected in the near future. As long as the days fill up then my orders will remain....i really feel for the small syndicate shoots who are forking out extra on poults, feed and general shoot needs without generating any income..its these guys that are effected more i'd say rather than the large commercial shoots..... :thumbs:

You are probably right about the small syndicates mate don't tend to think of them as a major part of the industry though, snobby I know but there it is :laugh: if it don't have a full time keeper then it ain't worth worrying about guess I just don't like folks who throw out a couple of buckets of swept up corn on a saturday morning and then tell every one they are a keeper just can't stand wanabee's.

You are probably right about the small syndicates mate don't tend to think of them as a major part of the industry though, snobby I know but there it is :laugh: if it don't have a full time keeper then it ain't worth worrying about guess I just don't like folks who throw out a couple of buckets of swept up corn on a saturday morning and then tell every one they are a keeper just can't stand wanabee's.

Toffee nose....... :tongue2: Quite a few of my orders are actually these small syndicates mate thats why i take a close interest. I know the types you mean but in general the lads i deal with are groups of lads just trying to have a hobby in the winter and with the costs all rising then eventually it will be just too much for them. Sad but true.... :thumbdown:

Toffee nose....... :tongue2: Quite a few of my orders are actually these small syndicates mate thats why i take a close interest. I know the types you mean but in general the lads i deal with are groups of lads just trying to have a hobby in the winter and with the costs all rising then eventually it will be just too much for them. Sad but true.... :thumbdown:

your right about the nose it's what comes of having to stick it up a toff's arse all the time :laugh: :laugh:

do you think if the small syndicates do fold that they would be more likely to take small/boundary days on a more formal shoot or will they just give up completely?

your right about the nose it's what comes of having to stick it up a toff's arse all the time :laugh: :laugh:

do you think if the small syndicates do fold that they would be more likely to take small/boundary days on a more formal shoot or will they just give up completely?

I think some would mate but some will say no way. For the price of say a 200 bird driven day at a nice shooting estate they could have had 5 or 6 small days on there own place and i think thats what its all about for these lads. Day out with like minded folk having the crack and getting a chance to work there dogs. I know one of my orders of 600 birds has 5 shoot days a year, with approx 10 members and shoot around the 40-50 mark per day and there fee is £300......peanuts, yet some of them were moaning last season..... :icon_eek: Now on that scale 8 guys paying £300 each up here would maybe get you a 70-80 bird day.......10 birds each or 5/6 whole days shooting.....i know what i would want mate... :thumbs:

I know what your saying mate I bought 3 days as a thank you for friends for this coming season on a driven duck shoot down here £120 per gun 10 guns including hospitality and a bag of approx 100 birds, knowing the shoot it's a 10/11-1 day so we can expect to fire at least 1000 cartridges a day, overages worked on £5 per bird maybe it's just me but there is some bargain shooting to be had without the hassle of putting birds to wood.