ferret having babys

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just leave the jill be and have a peep in a few days when she's settled with them. If their still born or something there's nothing you can do about it is there, and she could eat them because you've

Hope it all goes well for the poor wee thing,, I can fully understand dottys point though,,   The serious ferreters on here get to hear this type of thing constantly at this time of year,,and it is

ye have had 3 weeks to figure this oot, ill tell ye what to do, try an rehome the ferret to somecutn that cares

Posted Images

Like has been said by others, there is nothing you can really do to help a baby ferret until it's near on 4 weeks old. Just check back in tomorrow and check the mom is ok, and then you will just have to leave nature take it's course. It's always a bit difficult with young from a jill you know nothing about. Just keep your fingers crossed. As for Dotty jumping on you, i just think he meant that if this is your first ferret and you bought her pregnant you really jumped into the deep end, and should maybe have spent the last 3 weeks reading EVERYTHING you can on pregnant ferrets and rearing kits. Good luck anyway mate. Whoever sold you a pregnant ferret needs a talking to tho, unless they had good reason.

Hope it all goes well for the poor wee thing,,

I can fully understand dottys point though,,

The serious ferreters on here get to hear this type of thing constantly at this time of year,,and it is annoying as f**k,,

You should have spent more time finding out about ferrets rather than just waiting to see what happens,,

This is a hunting site,, not a ferret fluffy forum,, so expect to be told when you`ve done something daft,,

I`m sure I`m not alone in saying WE have had enough of this crap.. those of us that have been here longer than 5 minutes anyway,,

you made a mistake in taking on a pregnant ferret with no clue how to look after it so expect to be told this,,

but the deed is done so just do all you can for her!..

ATB

• Like 2

rake aboot is right,there are lots of "silly" questions posted on here that frustrate people because they genuinely care about the welfare of all ferrets,you did right asking for advice and you will get a lot from thl but as we all do every now and then you must take criticism on the chin,if people can take the time to reply they should give help as well as moan(if that makes them feel better)but don't let it get to you just listen to the good and learn from the bad we all started at the begining with little or no knowledge,and now some are like encyclopaedia's!!

and good luck with the litter :thumbs:

I always make sure she has milk and make sure she has enough food. As for dotty that is just the usual shit that is posted from the same band of idiots. I am not alone in saying we have had enough of this crap. Hope everything goes well with your kits.

if u last long enough {need to be thick skinned on here}u will find its the usual band of idiots that know there stuff . some are bit more direct than others .hang around its fun even i pick up tips now and then :thumbs: :thumbs:

am still new to all this myself but like the others said leave her to it,ive also seen others say if you need to check them wait till the jill is away feeding.stick around mate,this website/most members are very helpfull.good luck

right lets get this straight......

by yer own admission, ye purchased a jill that was awready pregnant.... why would ye bother?? looking after a ferret is 1 thing, but raising a litter of them is another...........

you also admitted to owning the pregnant jill for 3 weeks, 21 days before even asking advice about them, lets be fair, ye coulda bought 3 books an read them all in that space of time, 1 a week ffs..........

then ye come on an internet forum an ask advice, the day she geed birth...........

i take it all back, maybe we need mroe responsible ferret owners like you........ not

last ill say on the matter, slate me all yees want, think yees got me confused wae somecunt that cares :laugh:

• Like 1

right lets get this straight......

by yer own admission, ye purchased a jill that was awready pregnant.... why would ye bother?? looking after a ferret is 1 thing, but raising a litter of them is another...........

you also admitted to owning the pregnant jill for 3 weeks, 21 days before even asking advice about them, lets be fair, ye coulda bought 3 books an read them all in that space of time, 1 a week ffs..........

then ye come on an internet forum an ask advice, the day she geed birth...........

i take it all back, maybe we need mroe responsible ferret owners like you........ not

last ill say on the matter, slate me all yees want, think yees got me confused wae somecunt that cares :laugh:

:whistling::notworthy::laugh:

thanks all for the replys, i got the jill because some one else did not want her i have had ferrets before and bred them no problem in years gone by but havnt had one for 2, 3 years any ways i was just concered about the young as it was not moveing about ext but any way checked her this morning and sadly there was 4 dead young and 1 alive i took the dead out then checked about 9.30 and the live one is ok but she had another dead one i think she been giving birth to still young and just fed her at 12 and the one live baby is doing ok fingers crossed, ill be keeping it regardles thanks mick

thanks all for the replys, i got the jill because some one else did not want her i have had ferrets before and bred them no problem in years gone by but havnt had one for 2, 3 years any ways i was just concered about the young as it was not moveing about ext but any way checked her this morning and sadly there was 4 dead young and 1 alive i took the dead out then checked about 9.30 and the live one is ok but she had another dead one i think she been giving birth to still young and just fed her at 12 and the one live baby is doing ok fingers crossed, ill be keeping it regardles thanks mick

I'm with Dotty on this...........and maybe you've got dead kitts because you started poncing round with them.

And if you had ferrets before,what did you think that ferret care changed in 2 or 3 years.

Thats unfortunate but I think you should maybe just check once a day, good luck :thumbs:

Hang on. He was looking for help on the fact that the kit wasn't moving and looked dead? What is he supposed to do, plan for a kit that looks dead? He can't plan fr

Everything can he. U clearly do care, just a bit

Blunt and harsh

• Like 1

Hang on. He was looking for help on the fact that the kit wasn't moving and looked dead? What is he supposed to do, plan for a kit that looks dead? He can't plan fr

Blunt and harsh

OK then Mr 5 minute ferret expert what advice would you have given him?

Blunt and harsh

lol wasnt you on here asking daft advice aswell???

if he wasnt planned for stillborns, what the fook was he planned for, see thats the thing aboot stock of anykind

ye have to plan for the worst, obviously you dont know fook all either............

makes me wonder what he did have planned, was the jill fed right??? has she been checked over to make sure she is fit anm healthy???

i could go on, but i wont, seems you can gee the guy all the advice he needs, you being so clued up an all :icon_eek: