shooting with night vision

Well me and my pal PAV went out again last night with the NV, as you's will no this time of year we struggle to get 2 hours of darkness but last night we had a good thick cloud cover which made last night worth going. Good size rabbits and no mixi on any :thumbs:

post-53418-0-32612600-1308243788_thumb.jpg

I`m against hunting rabbits in the summer unless their causing serious damage, ie warrens in the middle of fields etc. Lets face it, its a very easy nights shooting when their out on a warm summers night.Most doe`s will have young to feed or be pregnant.

I`m not a do gooder type, I know from experience to much control in summer can leave you

with very little to control during the rest of the year. The old school of thought was if there`s a R in the month then you shoot the Rabbit if not try something else.

I stick to corvids, pigeons etc.

• Like 1

I`m against hunting rabbits in the summer unless their causing serious damage, ie warrens in the middle of fields etc. Lets face it, its a very easy nights shooting when their out on a warm summers night.Most doe`s will have young to feed or be pregnant.

I`m not a do gooder type, I know from experience to much control in summer can leave you

with very little to control during the rest of the year. The old school of thought was if there`s a R in the month then you shoot the Rabbit if not try something else.

I stick to corvids, pigeons etc.

Don't corvids or pigeons have young like??? Rabbits are major pests, thats the reason why most farmers want them controlled, regardless of the time of year..

Well said lads and thanks :thumbs: (ian b and ecostorm)

We have to go shoot them as my permission is on horse stables and have quite a lot of expensive horses on them, wouldn't like to think that just because its summer and some people like the rabbits to breed so there is more to shoot in winter and one of these expensive horses ends up with a broken leg, the land owner would not be very happy with me or the job of pest control i was doing. just wish some people would remember that RABBITS are pest and need to be kept on top of (not just through the winter) :wallbash: now if you dont like what i put on here simply dont read it !!!!! :censored:COCPOPS

Cocpops please follow this link and then read the subsections:

http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pets/wildlife-management/controlling-pests/

But for a quick recap:

'An Order has been made under Section 1 of the Pests Act 1954 by which England and Wales (except for the City of London, the Isles of Scilly and Skokholm Island) have been designated a Rabbit Clearance Area. In this area, every occupier of land is responsible for the killing or taking of wild rabbits on his land. Where it is not reasonably practical to destroy the rabbits, occupiers must take the necessary steps to prevent them causing damage.'