cheers people for the nice comments. She is definatly made up with it...

Probarbly use it this summer here. Then drive it to gran canaris and park it at the apartment, then we can do all the island. As i love it there in the mountains, and you really can get lost..

All you who are saying you want one. I have one here you could buy, onlt got 32000 on recon engine, take you to the moon and back! 5000 grand if you like...

Very nice ,id say you,d have no problems getting rid of it .

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

80 odd watchers on ebay after 24hrs.... :thumbs:

Would you not rather hold onto the old one RFYL and bring that out to

the canaries ,if you dont need the money ,means you,ve always transport

out there to do a bit of touring and keep the new one at home .

Interesting RFYL ,i,d a mate done an auto box in a T5 2.5 tdi ,He had to

sent it to over to Birmingham to get it redone ,only got it back last week

at the cost of 3grand ,costly experience ,considering VW say they are a sealed

box and should last a lifetime .Any experiwence on them bud .

heres ours.had to get a bigger truck as the kids get older.

post-589-0-68021700-1308253410_thumb.jpg

Thats more like it....bit of room to move i couldnt imagine living in a vw transporter for more than a night :icon_eek:

Always fancied knobbing about in one of these for a few months but never quite got round to it.....not sure its the sort of thing id want to do more than once so wouldnt make sense to buy one....some of them big yank ones look blinding.

transporter autos are weak :thumbdown:

manuals are better.

wouldnt really know mate. Only ever came across1 auto in an air cooled vechile, and it was a 2. something auto. And the van didnt run because the cbox was f****d! lol.

3GRAND, what did he have done exactly?

Thats more like it....bit of room to move i couldnt imagine living in a vw transporter for more than a night :icon_eek:

Always fancied knobbing about in one of these for a few months but never quite got round to it.....not sure its the sort of thing id want to do more than once so wouldnt make sense to buy one....some of them big yank ones look blinding.

its not to bad when you have a descent missus to mess around with, lol... Have spent many anight in a transit van back, kiping poaching drinking sleeping amongst deer. Nevr bothered me mate, it is the biggest old vechile colt going so there must be some comfort there. Plus you wouldnt get a big box camper through the mountains where we are going..And her dads lives in 1, so to tell the truth, i am sick of the sight of them,lol. Especially when i look at the hills at the back and he is sleeping in it for a month at a time....

its not to bad when you have a descent missus to mess around with, lol... Have spent many anight in a transit van back, kiping poaching drinking sleeping amongst deer. Nevr bothered me mate, it is the biggest old vechile colt going so there must be some comfort there. Plus you wouldnt get a big box camper through the mountains where we are going..And her dads lives in 1, so to tell the truth, i am sick of the sight of them,lol. Especially when i look at the hills at the back and he is sleeping in it for a month at a time....

Quick question to anyone who might know,

What is the law when it comes to drinking in camper vans etc as l always thought if the police caught you drunk with the key on you even in a stationary vehicle, you would still get done for being drunk in charge of a vehicle?

cheers Callum

Quick question to anyone who might know,

What is the law when it comes to drinking in camper vans etc as l always thought if the police caught you drunk with the key on you even in a stationary vehicle, you would still get done for being drunk in charge of a vehicle?

cheers Callum

by law your in the wrong and can be done :thumbs: