Ask yourself two questions . . . . What distance am I going to do most of my shooting at and what is the max range of my shooting ground.

Eg. I zero my .22-250 at 200 meters as I know a .22-250 is just about flat out to 300 meters, my .308 I zero at 300 meters because I shot red deer around the 300 meter make, give or take.

FOr me all my zeroing is done at 100 yards and i dial up all shots thereafter, having said that i know out to 200 yards i'm fine on fox, but i always like to be bang on for deer,

depends on the land you shoot most frequently on and the type of ranges you are comfortable shooting out to...

Snap.

zeroing your rifle will vary with reference to your ammunition, a 243 is a more than able round for the uk and depending on the beast your deciding to hunt your zero should vary, the change in grains and heads will alter your trojectory each time, so i think the best advice would be to find your most populer round that you will be using, say 100grain ball tip and 80 grain solid slug, whatever it may be, and zero the rifle on your first round at 100yds, youl find by putting your second choice of round through will differ on your target, this is due to the flight pattern of the slug changing its course as it goes through the air.

so pick 2 of the rounds that you will use most, and get formilier with the bullets and their points of impact, this way you should be confident with every shot and know exactly what that round is doing when it leaves the chaimber. i would suggest a range of 100m to zero a 243, and use the tactic abbove to determine the differences between different rounds.

Hope this helps, happy hunting.