viszla

i know its not bred for this but my 10 month old viszla caught his first rabbit in an open field hunted it up and caught it after the 1st turn needless to say im well chuffed just wondering if you think a viszla has the temperament to take a fox (he's suppose to be my girlfriends pet lol) :whistling:

troy boy gundogs are used to flush game not to catch it this would be seen as a fault in the gundog world so you might get a more informed reply from a different section.a.t.b.

have to agree with hilly mate

troy boy gundogs are used to flush game not to catch it this would be seen as a fault in the gundog world so you might get a more informed reply from a different section.a.t.b.

have to agree with hilly mate

not sure about vizlas and chasing game in a gundog is a shootable offence in some peoples eyes and not recomended, i know german wirehaired pointers are hardy dogs and more than caple of dispatching charlie but that is it can be caught ans as said before they aint slow. if this dog is meant to be your girls pet the best bet is to train it to a good level of obedience and leave it with her and get yourself a lurcher that what they are for and alot cheaper than a vizla.