Best boots I know of are altberg peacekeepers or altberg warrior's. Lowa boots are the comfiest and most durable but they are a bit heavy to be running about too much. I would wear army boots for hunting but I wear them all week with combats so I prefer not to wear them in my time off if you know what I mean. Trainers all the way haha

ex-army boots can be found in most army surplus stores for about £20 and imo you wont get better :thumbs: if they are good enough for the army they are plenty good enough for hunting :victory:

ive got a pair of the german para boots but i prefer my muck boots all day long,its like hunting in your slippers :thumbs:

they will suit you then you armchair hunter :whistling: :whistling:

ex-army boots can be found in most army surplus stores for about £20 and imo you wont get better :thumbs: if they are good enough for the army they are plenty good enough for hunting :victory:

The boots the Army get issued are crap mate. That's why we all go out and spend £130-£140 of our own money because we wear then everyday and crap boots hurt like f**k. The only good boots the army have issued are the jungle boots we got for Belize( note not the magnum ones, they're the worst) and also the cold weather boots for afghan are good for the cold, terrible for warmer weather as they ain't breathable due to them being goretex lined.

The boots out of the army surplus stores make me cringe when I see them. Made of compressed cardboard with a leather coating, They really are so bad. U wont ever beat a pair of lows boots or altbergs. Trust me, everybody in this camp owns a pair and nobody wears the issued ones. adidas gsg9 boots are comfy aswell but not as durable.

Pay the money if you are going to be using them all the time and they will repay you back with dry feet, warm feet and no blisters. Any boot that does that is worth £130 anyday.

Don't but meindl boots, they are hard to break in. If you want to break in a pair of military boots here's how it's done by us- soak the boots in a bath with hot water for an hour or so, keep topping up with warn water. After an hour put the boots on while still in the bath as move your feet about and bend the leather every way possible. Soak again and repeat again. Fill the boots with newspaper and let fully dry away from radiators. Repeat the whole process again if need be until they are comfy.

Hope this help yous lads. All the best. Lee

The boots the Army get issued are crap mate. That's why we all go out and spend £130-£140 of our own money because we wear then everyday and crap boots hurt like f**k. The only good boots the army have issued are the jungle boots we got for Belize( note not the magnum ones, they're the worst) and also the cold weather boots for afghan are good for the cold, terrible for warmer weather as they ain't breathable due to them being goretex lined.

The boots out of the army surplus stores make me cringe when I see them. Made of compressed cardboard with a leather coating, They really are so bad. U wont ever beat a pair of lows boots or altbergs. Trust me, everybody in this camp owns a pair and nobody wears the issued ones. adidas gsg9 boots are comfy aswell but not as durable.

Pay the money if you are going to be using them all the time and they will repay you back with dry feet, warm feet and no blisters. Any boot that does that is worth £130 anyday.

Don't but meindl boots, they are hard to break in. If you want to break in a pair of military boots here's how it's done by us- soak the boots in a bath with hot water for an hour or so, keep topping up with warn water. After an hour put the boots on while still in the bath as move your feet about and bend the leather every way possible. Soak again and repeat again. Fill the boots with newspaper and let fully dry away from radiators. Repeat the whole process again if need be until they are comfy.

Hope this help yous lads. All the best. Lee

well guess i cant argue with that if you are truly in the army?? all i can say is ive done 100s of miles in mine and they never let me down, still as comfy as the day i brought em :thumbs:

• Like 1