ferret attacked by fox

the jill is doing fine and the kits are all ok got them on meat now.i no i should have took her to the vets the second i see it not try and be a twat and save money but i did take her and yea it did cost me £321 but is was money well spent.and for the people who say foxes have never been near the ferrets the f****r was back the other morning but the kits are indoors and i watched him and he didnt even go near them at all.so it made me think maybe it was them that got him over to the cage.

am not at nasty b*****d to them for people that mite think that for not taking her striaght away i was just a huge c**t that day for leaving it till the day after.

i would put photos of her up but it keeps saying there to big

Yes mate, it will be the kits squeeking that brought the fox in.

I'll tell you this for nowt, after taking one of my ferrets legs off and costing me over 300 quid.

It'd be fecking war.

I would take great delight squeeking it up to my door, then opening it :whistling:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dread to think the pain this poor jill will be in. I find it unbelievable reading this, but nothing surprises me on here anymore. If you keep any animal you have a duty of care to provide it with me

FOR FUCKSAKE!!   The wee bugger has a leg off, and yer on here asking us what to do,, get a f****n grip man!! take the beast teh a vet sharpish and stop being a clown,, jeez,, yeh see it all on the

im sorry but i dont see how she is missing a leg if you say there is no damage to the hutch/court......im pretty sure that most ferrets that fealt as threatend as yours must have done they would just

the jill is doing fine and the kits are all ok got them on meat now.i no i should have took her to the vets the second i see it not try and be a twat and save money but i did take her and yea it did cost me £321 but is was money well spent.and for the people who say foxes have never been near the ferrets the f****r was back the other morning but the kits are indoors and i watched him and he didnt even go near them at all.so it made me think maybe it was them that got him over to the cage.

am not at nasty b*****d to them for people that mite think that for not taking her striaght away i was just a huge c**t that day for leaving it till the day after.

i would put photos of her up but it keeps saying there to big

321 quid dd it get a titanium peg leg would of had it put to sleep much cheaper if that is what you paid ?????????????

I was just thinking that, my friend who has the 3 ledded Jill only payed £160 to sort her out. (she's in a pet home)

Foxes would certainly take a ferret for dinner if they had the chance. Others can scoff if they want....but putting male(human) urine around the coop/hutches/land perimeters could work as a good deterrent. (Many farmers I know swear by this to protect poultry from foxes!)

The vet bill was steep purely because of what needed to be done to get her healthy. To ensure a mutilated/part missing limb will heal can be extensive, particularly if it isn't treated immediately. Cost depends on the time of treatment after injury, underlying structures damaged and the risk of infection to various physiological components, amongst other things....plus she is a lactating mother after all! Regardless, she is treated now and recovering.

You have taken the stick for not taking her asap and admitted you were in the wrong, I appreciate you had the balls to stand up and bear the brunt, others just shout abuse and hide back under their bed covers!

Also appreciate that just because your ferret was injured you didn't kill her, unlike some other t***s on here who think they play God with their animals life.

I hope her and the kits do very well. atb

id say kindest and best thing for a 3 legged ferret is a cartridge . . . . . it will only end up living in pain and infection poor thing

Dont waist any cartridges, just stamp on it.

Its much more humane

TEEEEWATTTT!!

id say kindest and best thing for a 3 legged ferret is a cartridge . . . . . it will only end up living in pain and infection poor thing

Its much more humane

Thats gotta be some kind of joke...........aint iticon_eek.gifcensored.gifwallbash.gif

Stamp on it, FFS... :doh: Over the years I've PTS all manner of small animals for various reasons & I can't think of a worse way to do it... :wallbash:

Also appreciate that just because your ferret was injured you didn't kill her, unlike some other t***s on here who think they play God with their animals life.

I'll remember your wise words next time I'm ferreting. Instead of pulling their necks I'll chuck any rabbits I catch in a big sack and take them to the vet to be humanely destroyed..

Taking an animals life is part and parcel of what we do. To me it doesn't make a difference if it's quarry or sickly stock. My animals are all with me for life, and if for some reason they had to go, they'd go. It would upset me as much as it would upset any non hunting, pet animal owner who needed to put a pet to sleep. Would it stop me doing it though? No..

Just because you haven't got the moral courage to make the ultimate life/death decision and act upon it yourself don't make you any more of a caring human being than someone who has..

Its much more humane

what a wankerthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gif

• Like 1

Stamp on it, FFS... :doh: Over the years I've PTS all manner of small animals for various reasons & I can't think of a worse way to do it... :wallbash:

I'll remember your wise words next time I'm ferreting. Instead of pulling their necks I'll chuck any rabbits I catch in a big sack and take them to the vet to be humanely destroyed..

Taking an animals life is part and parcel of what we do. To me it doesn't make a difference if it's quarry or sickly stock. My animals are all with me for life, and if for some reason they had to go, they'd go. It would upset me as much as it would upset any non hunting, pet animal owner who needed to put a pet to sleep. Would it stop me doing it though? No..

Just because you haven't got the moral courage to make the ultimate life/death decision and act upon it yourself don't make you any more of a caring human being than someone who has..

So if your dog was Ill you'd just stamp on it's head interesting

Don't be so f*****g daft, did you not read what I said at the top of my post about stamping on something's head? You really have to spell out what you're trying to say very intricately on here.. With experience comes knowledge.. If my running dog had a bad stomach from something he ate, I'd take him to the vets. If he had a very nasty accident which involved several broken limbs (for example) and I had the relevant tool to hand, I'd do what was necessary. Over the years I've seen enough ferrets go downhill quickly with illness to know when any further treatment is futile, whether there's a vet's involvement or otherwise. I do not agree with the pointless dragging out of an animals suffering to ease a human conscience.

Don't be so f*****g daft, did you not read what I said at the top of my post about stamping on something's head? You really have to spell out what you're trying to say very intricately on here.. With experience comes knowledge.. If my running dog had a bad stomach from something he ate, I'd take him to the vets. If he had a very nasty accident which involved several broken limbs (for example) and I had the relevant tool to hand, I'd do what was necessary. Over the years I've seen enough ferrets go downhill quickly with illness to know when any further treatment is futile, whether there's a vet's involvement or otherwise. I do not agree with the pointless dragging out of an animals suffering to ease a human conscience.

totaly agree malt plus dont think for 1 min all vets put small furrys to sleep more so the so called sspca av seen 1st hand birds,rabbits ect dispatched the same way we do it

Aye Malt, some folk have a funny idea of what kindness and cruelty are. Most of the time what they are thinking about is what option would be best/kindest for them.

Animal first 100%. Then worry about how you feel.

Cant understand when people ask questions why there is so much abuse,i think some people on here are so damn elitist it's untrue,think they know everything and think they got the right to be judge and jury,why can't people just give advice and be a bit more friendlier,after all we all started knowing nothing and i think the people who do know their stuff should help educate the one's that don't,even sometimes if it may be what they consider a silly question otherwise we just gonna scare all the new starters/youngsters away.

yeah like me lol :clapping: