ferret attacked by fox

I have a three legged ferret and she manage just fine - can walk and run just as well as a 4-legged one.

I had a deformed one many moons ago, it had front legs like a mole but shuffeled along fine for it's full life and worked and produced several healthy litters, i suggested a picture of the leg because i dont belive the lad has took it to the vets to be honest with you.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dread to think the pain this poor jill will be in. I find it unbelievable reading this, but nothing surprises me on here anymore. If you keep any animal you have a duty of care to provide it with me

FOR FUCKSAKE!!   The wee bugger has a leg off, and yer on here asking us what to do,, get a f****n grip man!! take the beast teh a vet sharpish and stop being a clown,, jeez,, yeh see it all on the

im sorry but i dont see how she is missing a leg if you say there is no damage to the hutch/court......im pretty sure that most ferrets that fealt as threatend as yours must have done they would just

id say kindest and best thing for a 3 legged ferret is a cartridge . . . . . it will only end up living in pain and infection poor thing

you should be hung you cruel man ! ! ! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

shooting a cutie wottie little ferret, even if it has got three leggs wont work will cost you a small fortune in vets fees and will be in pain.

for the re-tards who said I shouldnt keep ferrets if I cant afford there care, well I can afford it no problem at all its just I look on my animals rationallie.

If Im a bad man for strieving for the very best working lurchers and ferrets so be it.

I dont mind especially if its from people who will feed and house any old rubbish.

If you types have your way in 100 years or so all the years of selective breeding from the best stock will have been canceled out and the only animals about will be the average and rubbish you keep know, Im glad ill be dead by then!

saying a three legged ferret is no good for work is just silly. Shorely it depends on what leg and the ferret.

I know a nice polecat coloured jill that lost a rear leg about 4 months ago, now it removed and healed, you wouldn't have a clue watching her race round. I shore she'd have no problem working, all she needs to be is quick, stubbon flexable., and she certainly all those.

saying a three legged ferret is no good for work is just silly. Shorely it depends on what leg and the ferret.

I know a nice polecat coloured jill that lost a rear leg about 4 months ago, now it removed and healed, you wouldn't have a clue watching her race round. I shore she'd have no problem working, all she needs to be is quick, stubbon flexable., and she certainly all those.

do you work ferrets ...

do you work ferrets ...

why does that matter.

do you work ferrets ...

why does that matter.

it dont really matter -- just wonderd if you worked them or have seen them work -- dont know how much movement a ferret would need in its legs to do the job maybe someone that works em will know ... :thumbs: Edited by the_stig

do you work ferrets ...

Aye he does stig.......look at his sig

Pheonix,havoc and lex........they sound like something off WWF. :laugh:

I forgot titch he must be a micro.

Back leg would probably be ok for light to medium work, front leg and you're f****d, no boxing gloves for that one. Mind you if a 2 legged dog can run then a 3 legged ferret might make it.

went out this morning and see mr charlie sitting in my back garden it saw me and ran away. checked my ferret cages there was no sign of any damage to the cages but when i got in from work i noticed my best working jill was missing a leg. ive had to take away her kits because she had stopped feeding them and the mrs's is hand rearing them. ive been cleaning the wound regularily and she seems to be ok moving around lots and still eating fine has anyone got any tips on helping it to heal??

I fetched a young ferret on with goats milk it was o.k. so youv got a good chance with the young.

THERES SOME SOFT PEOPLE ON HERE !

dont get me wrong its a real shame what happened to the jill ferret but what use is a 3 legged ferret?

its no use as a worker or to itself. dont waste your money on vets bills theve got anoth money already. I would have delt with the jill to stop any further suffering instantlie on discovering such a serve injury.

if people on here actually carry out "work" with there ferrets with it being a hunting site and all they should have dispatched plenty of animals and if you can kill a healthy rabbit you should have no moral or practical problem doing the same to a disabled ferret.

there is either a lot of pet cuddlers on here or if you really do work ferrets MAN UP.

c**t