ferret attacked by fox

went out this morning and see mr charlie sitting in my back garden it saw me and ran away. checked my ferret cages there was no sign of any damage to the cages but when i got in from work i noticed my best working jill was missing a leg. ive had to take away her kits because she had stopped feeding them and the mrs's is hand rearing them. ive been cleaning the wound regularily and she seems to be ok moving around lots and still eating fine has anyone got any tips on helping it to heal??

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dread to think the pain this poor jill will be in. I find it unbelievable reading this, but nothing surprises me on here anymore. If you keep any animal you have a duty of care to provide it with me

FOR FUCKSAKE!!   The wee bugger has a leg off, and yer on here asking us what to do,, get a f****n grip man!! take the beast teh a vet sharpish and stop being a clown,, jeez,, yeh see it all on the

im sorry but i dont see how she is missing a leg if you say there is no damage to the hutch/court......im pretty sure that most ferrets that fealt as threatend as yours must have done they would just

I dread to think the pain this poor jill will be in. I find it unbelievable reading this, but nothing surprises me on here anymore. If you keep any animal you have a duty of care to provide it with medical care as and when needed :wallbash: . Some folk may think it's only a ferret. Someone ought to chop the leg of him and leave him for a few days!!!.

With it being a fox bite it's an almost certainty that the wound will become infected without anti biotics, left untreated it will have a long slow death in agony. If you can't afford to take her to the vets call the PDSA they won't turn away an animal in need and they provide a 24hr/7day service if you can't be bothered to do that put her to sleep humanely you owe her that much.

• Like 2

FOR FUCKSAKE!!

The wee bugger has a leg off, and yer on here asking us what to do,, get a f****n grip man!! take the beast teh a vet sharpish and stop being a clown,, jeez,, yeh see it all on the hunting life eh??

ATB

• Like 2

I find it funny how he said my best working Jill was missing a leg so I no let's wipe it down then turn on the computer what a div ur ferrets must not mean that much to u mate as u left her in pain to post a rediculas topic like everyone els has said VETS or put her out of her pain humainly sometimes I fink iv heard it all and then this .

• Like 1