whats the percentage of guns we own ....left hand or right hand drive

just out of intrest  

20 members have voted

1. 1. left ....ambi or right

• left
    • ambi
    • right

I read somewhere that it's about one in seven who are left hooker. I'm not though.

A mate of mine, an ex Regiment sniper told that the ratio is much higher for lefties in his old line of work for some reason.... Simon?? Any explaination?? :laugh:

Cheers.

I read somewhere that it's about one in seven who are left hooker. I'm not though.

A mate of mine, an ex Regiment sniper told that the ratio is much higher for lefties in his old line of work for some reason.... Simon?? Any explaination?? :laugh:

Cheers.

Simple Andy, Leftys are 'GIFTED'. victory.gifvictory.gifvictory.gif.

regards Daz.diablo.gif

Curious to the point of this question ??

Be quicker just asking what hand we pull the head off it with !! :blink:

ATB

right handed when I`m in a hurry,, or lefty when I`ve got some time to kill! :thumbs:

Both Mate!!!!!!!!! Ambi- Dextrousthumbs.gifthumbs.gifthumbs.gifthumbs.gif

regards Dazdiablo.gif

I'm firmly in the lefty camp though, my HW77 has a neutral, ambidextrous stock and I've shot and killed rabbits off my right shoulder as cover while stalking demands.

The ratio average is about 1 in 3 people are left handed. To answer Andy's point.

Left handed people are right-hemisphere dominant in their use of their brains. This is where all our artistic creative thinking lies. A lot of artists and creative thinkers use this part of the brain, regardless of which is their natural handside.

Also our level of instinct and cunning.

A high number of criminals and murderers are found to be at an extreme level in this group! Some very infamous and particularly brutal killers have been found to possess an excellent artistic flair for drawing :icon_eek: Right handers are Left Hemisphere dominant. This is where our more pragmatic, rationale, reasoning, logical thinking lies. Mathmaticians, Philosophers scientists etc are found within this group.

But I think, people on the whole must use a degree of both. How well we combine our use of the whole, surely, determines our level of inteliigence. It's surely impossible to be either one or the other alone.

Some high ranking psychology boffins in military medical research discovered that a high proportion of candidates on tactical weapon/sniping courses who passed with very high standards of marksmanship were left handers. They think best in terms of visual information and imagery and were found to be a bit better and a bit quicker at assessing and shooting a target to precision accuracy by the sightpicure; be it open sights or through a scope than a lot of right handers, who spent a bit longer on average, calculating their aiming solutions.

I honestly don't know. I'm not a Military Psychologist.

I remember as an instructor and examiner, I saw a lot more numbers of guys who were left handed in this speciality than any other skills group or walk of life I can remember. So maybe there is something in the theory. In the final outcome, the guys who failed the courses and RTU were all excellent, accurate shooters but, their level of infantry skills or some detail of fieldcraft, or endurance to go for long periods or days waiting for the one shot on the target, was what had let them down.

As for air rifle shooting and manufacturing. Being a left hander is a pain in the arse, as you have to pay about 30% to 40% more for your preferred L/H rifle or, as with the Air Arms Prosport until only recently. It may not be availabe to lefties at all!

It's bollocks surely? All it needs is to reverse/flip the computer programmes that cut stocks and mill actions?

Simon

Cheers.

regards Daz.diablo.gif

HEYYYY MY BROTHER!! :drinks: :friends: :signthankspin:

Cheers.

regards Daz.diablo.gif

HEYYYY MY BROTHER!! :drinks: :friends: :signthankspin:

Hiya Simon, Gifted Brother.thumbs.gif

A Superb explanation on the "Gifted" shooters i.e. us Lefties and the more common Righties, Its a pain getting a left hand stock as only a few Manfacturers make a let hand stock, and even fewer do a complete lefthand action and stock.

and you have to pay extra for the Privilege, Hopefully the Rapid will arrive next week for a photo session of its lefthand action and stock.

regards Daz.diablo.gif

I shoot right handed as my eyesight in the left is really really bad. I started shooting right handed after I bought an S410 in righthand back in about 2002ish. I am equally crap whichever way I shoot. I used to be reasonablly good shooting left handed when I was a lad and had decent eyesight.