daihatsu fourtrak or subaru forester?

Forester, more comfy, less noise, better mpg, bigger boot space and dont rot like fourtraks....

Better mpg Idont think so fourtrack 2.8 td 35mpg scooby 20ltr petrol 25mpg if your lucky,also try running ur scooby on bio diesel or veg oil,which would make it much cheaper in the fourtrack,agree on rust tho :thumbdown:

daihatsu 35mpg i dont think so only way you save on diesel is if you introduce them to cherry and even if you did get it stopped and took of you it wouldnt be a great loss there the very worst ever

• Like 1

Forester, more comfy, less noise, better mpg, bigger boot space and dont rot like fourtraks....

Better mpg Idont think so fourtrack 2.8 td 35mpg scooby 20ltr petrol 25mpg if your lucky,also try running ur scooby on bio diesel or veg oil,which would make it much cheaper in the fourtrack,agree on rust tho :thumbdown:

daihatsu 35mpg i dont think so only way you save on diesel is if you introduce them to cherry and even if you did get it stopped and took of you it wouldnt be a great loss there the very worst ever

Well Ihad amint low mileage fourtrack, sold it last year,an that would return 35mpg on a run,mechanicaly they are superb,chassis also brilliant,its the bodywork mountings that rot on them,shame becouse theres not alot to beat em off road or towing,plus ive seen one or two scoobies that the metal vultures have been round :cry:

ever thought about a sportrack ? only 1.6 and good on petrol and will go anywhere with proper tyres!

we use one and the whole back of the roof basically comes off with a few phillips headed bolts, and the main sunroof comes out in one so a passenger can comfortably sit on the roof with their legs inside whilst lamping round the roughest welsh forestry roads.

thought id add this to the mix lol

Just got rid of my forester yesterday,, cause it drank more than I do ! :blink:

TD5 Disco,, 30mg 7 seats goes anywhere,,and posh as feck!

ATB

30mpg on paper with road tyres on it

Probably correct.. maybe ,more like 26/27ish,, but then it`s a big 4x4,, got less than that with the subaru,, and hated driving it really.

forrester everytime. tried everything to kill mine and failed. never got stuck, and when it comes to rough lanes not much else would see which where it went. which can be handy at times. Only swapped it for a landy as need something to tow heavy traillers off road. Wish I had kept it to be honest

I've just got a forester and there's a few on ebay mate in your price range,one in northamton looks good for under a grand.Full service history,one owner and it's green,good for hiding away in :whistling: .

My mates just brought that one, Never seen a cleaner scooby....