Best .22 pellets for getting rabbits?

You clearly have no idea what you are doing....sorry..

3/5 clean kills isn't good enough, and you should know that ! When you pull a trigger, you should be 100% confident of cleanly killing any animal, irrespective of what it is.

Legal capacity airguns are simply not powerful enough to cleanly kill a rabbit at any respectable range - ie, 30 Yds or more.

Remember this is an open forum, and posting information such as you have, does the sport an injustice, and only further propagates a bad image.

I do hope you get your FAC, however, until you do get it, please stop posting information that can be used against the sport.

Simples..

Legal capacity air rifles are MORE than capable of killing a

rabbit up to 60+ yards away provided that you shoot for the head like

any responsible air gunner would.

You only have to do a few

minutes research to find evidence of the effectiveness of an air rifle

against small game, and hence so many pest controllers and hunters use

them to great effect.

Laurence simply needs to stop being

irresponsible and only shoot when he's sure of a headshot, to do

otherwise with an air rifle is cruel and unethical.

The pellet only needs to be accurate to be effective, power isn't an issue if you go for the right kill-zone.

I use Air Arms Fields or Daystate LI pellets

in my .177 and H&N Field target trophies and Falcon Accuracies in my .22

The image below is 6 rabbits, all stalked to between 25 and 50 yards. All headshots and all instant and humane kills.

395926_10151188339039560_1064131414_n.jp

Here's an hour or two out with a mate a few nights ago using a .177 Daystate MK3 and an Air Arms s410. Again, headshots on the rabbits.

542739_10151543112344560_1913256465_n.jp

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He said that himself personally wouldn't. I ask where you live, as I would take you out and educate u , to put a stop to the shit your spouting on here. As regards to success rate..everyone misses

Ps, 3 ft lb is need to dispatch a rabbit apparently..my gun set at 660fps with 11.4 gr slug, still has nearly 4 ft lb of energy at 120 yards...I'm not saying I would, but power is there, accuracy is p

Mate don't usually comment on these sort of threads but come on " I'll stick to real guns",, really?. I've been in the forces so before you comment Idon't know what real guns are think on . We all hav

Fireblade where are you from mate? You sound totally clueless regards to airgun hunting, and quite obviously NEVER done anything with them.

Where i'm from is relevant? I've used airguns loads, and claiming a clean kill at 60 yards with a pellet gun is quite simply fantasy land.

Of course, you obviously know more than me........

Fireblade where are you from mate? You sound totally clueless regards to airgun hunting, and quite obviously NEVER done anything with them.

Where i'm from is relevant? I've used airguns loads, and claiming a clean kill at 60 yards with a pellet gun is quite simply fantasy land.

I think it may be you that is living in a fantasy land, of course a sub 12ftlb air rifle can kill at 60yrds, personally I wouldn't feel comfortable enough to take on a shot at that range, but it doesn't mean people with a lot better ability than you or I can't.

Most of my quarry is taken between 15-40yrds, Dependent on conditions and which rifle/caliber I'm using, I do have a clean kill 99% of the time, and i'd be a liar if i said it was 100% I'd be surprised if anyone can say EVERY live shot they have taken since they started shooting was an instant kill, Can you? :hmm:

And how will Licencing an Air Rifle guarantee that the Licence holder will have a 100% success rate?

I think it may be you that is living in a fantasy land, of course a sub 12ftlb air rifle can kill at 60yrds, personally I wouldn't feel comfortable enough to take on a shot at that range, but it doesn't mean people with a lot better ability than you or I can't.

Most of my quarry is taken between 15-40yrds, Dependent on conditions and which rifle/caliber I'm using, I do have a clean kill 99% of the time, and i'd be a liar if i said it was 100% I'd be surprised if anyone can say EVERY live shot they have taken since they started shooting was an instant kill, Can you? :hmm:

And how will Licencing an Air Rifle guarantee that the Licence holder will have a 100% success rate?

You contradict yourself by saying you couldnt/wouldnt shoot at quarry at 60yds, then suggest others may be able too, so in effect agreeing with me.

Then you introduce a new topic of airgin licensing.......

I assume you are asking me if airguns should be licensed?

He said that himself personally wouldn't.

I ask where you live, as I would take you out and educate u , to put a stop to the shit your spouting on here.

As regards to success rate..everyone misses, your a liar if you don't. No amount of practice and knowing your gun will guarantee a clean kill. There's always a possibility.

To say "get a fac" to cure it is beyond me..Maybe I should say to the feo on my visit, the reason why I want a fac is because I'm a shit ,incompetent shooter with an airgun, give me something with atleast ten times the power please.

"Iv shot airguns loads "you say...obviously I do know more than you, thanks.

• Like 2

Ps, 3 ft lb is need to dispatch a rabbit apparently..my gun set at 660fps with 11.4 gr slug, still has nearly 4 ft lb of energy at 120 yards...I'm not saying I would, but power is there, accuracy is paramount.

exactly Rob 100%. :thumbs:

I ask where you live, as I would take you out and educate u , to put a stop to the shit your spouting on here.

As regards to success rate..everyone misses, your a liar if you don't. No amount of practice and knowing your gun will guarantee a clean kill. There's always a possibility.

To say "get a fac" to cure it is beyond me..Maybe I should say to the feo on my visit, the reason why I want a fac is because I'm a shit ,incompetent shooter with an airgun, give me something with atleast ten times the power please.

My my, have I upset you? Perhaps your right, I'll stick to talking about real guns, the ones built to dispatch game properly...

My my, have I upset you? Perhaps your right, I'll stick to talking about real guns, the ones built to dispatch game properly...

no, not atall. your just an arrogant arsehole by the sounds of things. someone whos struggling to dispatch game clean, your answer is "biger power", you sound like a yank, they tend to build big powerful cars, with shit handling. same goes here, have all the power you want, if you cant shoot...you cant shoot! simple!

just goes to show how "little" experience you have with airguns. infact il go as far to say that youve never shot any pest/vermin/game with any airgun in your life.

• Like 1

you do come across as a bit of a cock mind butty :fool:

• Like 1

Regarding the original post I would source and trial a selection of good quality round nose pellets from the makers of HN,JSB,Crosman in the 14gn weight range as these are most likely to give the best accuracy and performance. It maybe the set up you have is not upto the job, but only time and practise on the card will tell.

no, not atall. your just an arrogant arsehole by the sounds of things. someone whos struggling to dispatch game clean, your answer is "biger power", you sound like a yank, they tend to build big powerful cars, with shit handling. same goes here, have all the power you want, if you cant shoot...you cant shoot! simple!

just goes to show how "little" experience you have with airguns. infact il go as far to say that youve never shot any pest/vermin/game with any airgun in your life.

Haha ok, if you say so...

I'll stick to real guns, and you stay with pellet guns. Then we're all happy. Simples

you do come across as a bit of a cock mind butty :fool:

Butty? Cock? Irony?

Made me smile anyway....

Mate don't usually comment on these sort of threads but come on " I'll stick to real guns",, really?. I've been in the forces so before you comment Idon't know what real guns are think on . We all have our place in this sport whether it's air rifle owners who yes can take rabbits up to 50yrds humanely or big men like your self with real guns. I find that the FAC guys I know are comfortable with what I shoot and what they shoot with equal respect. Not one of them belittle the capabilities of what I use and are educated enough not to get into cock measuring exercises of who's best. I have many a time seen a so called real gun wound just as much as anything else. It all comes down to the skills or lack of them of the shooter and bigger doesn't always mean better. Also if it starts to come down to legislation, of who looses their rights first, then at the end of it we will be the last affected and still holding our lowly air rifles, whilst you will be holding you cock. these are purely my views and you have yours, so we shall have to agree to disagree.

• Like 2