I was on a farm yesterday and the farmer was complaining about rabbits, he's lost quite a bit of grass he uses for feed, anyway set about them with some snares and traps.. Taken from one set of scrub area were the warrens were... Set them yesterday and I've had about 70 odd when I checked them yesterday and again today... Also set a couple of fox wires as another Farmer has just let his new batch of hens out...accounted for a dog fox, second day...

Heres some of them to liven the section up a bit...:angel:

rab1.jpg

rab2.jpg

rab3.jpg

rab4.jpg

rab5.jpg

rab6.jpg

rab7.jpg

rab8.jpg

rab9.jpg

rab10.jpg

rab11.jpg

rab12.jpg

rab14.jpg

rab15.jpg

rab16.jpg

rab17.jpg

rab18.jpg

rab19.jpg

rab20.jpg

rab21.jpg

rab22.jpg

rab23.jpg

rab24.jpg

rab25.jpg

rab26.jpg

rab27.jpg

rab29.jpg

rab30.jpg

rab31.jpg

rab32.jpg

rab33.jpg

rab35.jpg

rab36.jpg

rab38.jpg

rab44.jpg

rabbo.jpg

day2.jpg

dogfox.jpg

pegs.jpg

Just lifted them today had another twenty or so..

Nod he's not bothered for a metre radius of barley compared to a hundred odd hens at four quid a piece it's pittance.. He wants them down regardless ..

Thats tidy going, how many did you lay down to account for the 70 Ian?

Like the way you paint the peg tops red, do you still use markers as well or just rely on the tops?

Snaring is a great way to get the kids interested, its very hands on and they can see the fruit of their labours up close.

the more im snareing the more its getting hold of me, nice pics and that fox looks in great condition, if people think foxes do damage you ought to see what badgers do , obviously years ago , especially in hedges we would have to but pallets up too repair the hedges, effective control this time of the year as runs are easy to find in the crops etc. great stuff :big_boss:

Like the way you paint the peg tops red, do you still use markers as well or just rely on the tops?

Snaring is a great way to get the kids interested, its very hands on and they can see the fruit of their labours up close.

Probably had around 40 peg snares, 10 fence snares and 10 fenns out mate... over 3 days, had around the 90 mark.

Them pegs are easier to see in shorter grass, you can use them without markers.. I tend to just set the pegs in lines 20 yards out from the hedgelines, so you walk along picking them up, easily without losing track..

Probably had around 40 peg snares, 10 fence snares and 10 fenns out mate... over 3 days, had around the 90 mark.

Them pegs are easier to see in shorter grass, you can use them without markers.. I tend to just set the pegs in lines 20 yards out from the hedgelines, so you walk along picking them up, easily without losing track..

Nice one mate, thats a good return from 60 sets I would say.......quality thread.