Egging on a foxing dog

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest statler

why dont you just bred a pup from it and start again? there are a few people on here that would have a pup from you,you will make some money as well,

Statler, why would you breed from a dog that you're not happy with? So that you can spend another 2 years feeding it, taking care of it & tear your hair out trying to train the same characteristics into or out of it? There's a 50% chance it will inherit the same temperament as its sire.....

so a dog has to come from foxs dogs to be a fox dog?i just thought that it was the way you enter it,pluss there is always the money side of a few pups,

Don't worry about the breeding he hasn't got the bollocks for it!!! :lol: he had one retained and hes not a dog worth breeding from

Need to find someone with a good fox dog entered, my mates dogs had less

As said before the reason i shoot them is its not running permission i have its lamping with a rifle as you get a very high percentage of kills with a rifle and this is on a keepered shoot!! If i make them lampshy then i'll lose it.....

I thought the cubs would die a bit quicker so he could hone his style and get his confidence up then when he meets bigger foxes he knows how to kill!!!

Alot of the fields are less than 10 acres so a dog has little chance some alot smaller with the bigger ones containing hills etc i bet not many dogs kill what a rifle does or % wise!!

He ain't ever gonna be a fox dog but one that could kill would be better, everytime he takes one its round the shoulders and he shakes but not for long enough

I'll pop a couple of pics up soon for you nijinski

Anyone near guildford fancy helping me out? with a dog taking them? I got some other places to run as well!!