what would you do

i have a jrt dog bowt 2 now strong enough for it wont bay diggin them in easy bits for fun never let me down till over day had one at 1.9 got down to 0.5 and the fuker came out would you kepp trying him in little bits more often try and get him to start bayen or would you just end it now serious answers only please regards p.s. he is out of proven lines a bit to keen for his own good the bugger :wallbash:

• Like 1

by all means try him again mate. but not trying to disapoint you from my own experience i think once they come away once i think they ve had enough. you might get him going again but i would nearly say he will do it again. but saying that some dogs have ther off days anyway i wish you the bes of luck with him and i hope he wprks out for ya :thumbs:

Guest ryan161

if its the 1st he has walked out mate you have to give him a chance did he walk of it all together or did he go back and dig it mate i have seen terries walking off after 35mins and not going back i side to the mate who owned the dog you no what to do with him he side il try him again then 2 weeks later the dog is back out digin flat out dont get me rong he was hard as they come mate then he sold the dog for 500 pound on trail and the fella that bought him was digin him every other day the dog end up diein in a hole dogs do have off days mate and no matter what every terrier will make a mistake some time just try him again any way mate atb :thumbs:

may have been a cub and finished it below ground ,i personally would have finished the dig , you never know what goe,s on under ground . had this a few times with a dog i keep ,always a dead fox when ive broke through .if you dont you most sertainly will dis the dog and he might have done his job .

• Like 2

its hard to know without all the facts like how many have you aready dug with him and when he came out did he want to go back if he didnt want to go back then from my experiences he will almost certainley do it again which is goodbye but if he wanted to go back but you just picked him up or stopped him then thats different seen this before a lyoung dog came out lad who owned him picked him up put older dog in and dug it the young dog was mad for going back in he got rid the dog worked on after it was just green at the time saying that yiu know your dog better than anyone so atb with him

Was the dog up tp its quarry when it came away and was he marked when he came out.As someone else mentioned he could have killed to ground if he is as hard as you say,i would have dug to the mark.Did he want back in,maybe he lost it anything can happen under the ground,give him another go and see what happens,this time of year is not good for diggin as cubs will run f**k out of the best of terriers.

With 0.5 to go you should have finished the dig to see what was what,any number of things could have happened,he could have killed cubs and come out after completing his task.could have been cubs up a tight tube.quarry could have been walled in and dog wasn't experienced to go through,quarry could have bolted unknown to you whilst digging,dog could have had enough and come away,hopefully not.cubs can make even an experienced dog look foolish,or dare i say it,could have been trying to dig on up to a rabbit,a bit more info is needed.did the dog make contact?had you another dog on site to run the hole after the dog came out?either way you should have finished the dig.put the dog away till cubs are safely up,and try him again,

• Like 1

There's not much I can add to the thread as the other lads have already asked what I was going to ask. But I'd definitely give the dog a chance. Without finishing the dig you can't possibly know what the deal was.

It could of been any number of things why he come out, just give him a chance. If he's a gobshite you'll find out soon enough.

Best of luck with him mate :good: .

Guest ryan161

With 0.5 to go you should have finished the dig to see what was what,any number of things could have happened,he could have killed cubs and come out after completing his task.could have been cubs up a tight tube.quarry could have been walled in and dog wasn't experienced to go through,quarry could have bolted unknown to you whilst digging,dog could have had enough and come away,hopefully not.cubs can make even an experienced dog look foolish,or dare i say it,could have been trying to dig on up to a rabbit,a bit more info is needed.did the dog make contact?had you another dog on site to run the hole after the dog came out?either way you should have finished the dig.put the dog away till cubs are safely up,and try him again,

you couldnt have put it any better :thumbs: :thumbs: