Ferrets, what strange little creatures they are

well as you may know I have only had my girls for about 3-4 months now with not having much experience in the past. They do make me laugh, "ouch" as I named her every morning takes food from my hand and reverses back in to the sleeping compartment, "shakie" on the other hand is the laziest ferret i have ever seen when you pick her up she yawns and ywans in utter disgust with you disturbing her.

Anyhoo the purpous of this thread is to ask about some behaviour I whitnessed yesterday when I had some friends round, as per usual "ouch" was out wanting to see what was going on with "shakie" later following once she had woken herself up but every time Shakie came out Ouch would get her by the ear and drag her back in to the bedroom compartment which didnt seem to bother Shakie in the slightest....was she showing off because we had friends out or what? Its the strangest thing I have ever whitnessed

thank you, she seems to be quite gentle with her....the strangest thing is shes about 1/4 smaller and is dragging the other about. Shakie is usually quite stroppy with her but seemed to enjoy it, we put it down to her being a dominatricks (if thats spelt right) haha

Hormones running ragged starting to come into season ??.

both were taken out of season a few months back by injection

bit of maternal instinct kicking in thats all.....................have to say cant honestly believe you think it might have been showing off to your friends though

haha I know its a bit daft now you have explained what it was but its the only time she had ever donw it was the other day and hasnt done it since. I mean our little terrier brings all his toys and the lot to anyone that visits so thought it might have been a similar sort of thing as the ferrets arnt used to visitors

Are they both girls ??????

yep both jills

my mate was crossing his doe a few weeks ago and i was there watching :laugh: .I have to say its some nasty shit ,the buck was pulling the doe around by the head ,some serious fore play :laugh:

haha they are randy little buggers, used to breed em when I was about 14

my mate was crossing his doe a few weeks ago and i was there watching :laugh: .I have to say its some nasty shit ,the buck was pulling the doe around by the head ,some serious fore play :laugh:

that will be a hob and a jill then

:thumbs:

was your mate breeding rabbits?? :whistling:

Edited by web22
Guest gaz000

was your mate breeding rabbits?? :whistling:

haha that's funny :tongue2:

my first ferret "stinky" a albino was a real personality, he used to playfight with the dogs, hump the cat and he'd sleep on top of you if he got the chance, if you left a pint of beer down he'd have his head in it fast as lightening, he lived outdoors but always seemed to end up inside when there was a party going on, brilliant worker, havent had a ferret like him since :cry: