Dummy retrieving

Another wee trick to get a dog retrieving that just stands over the dummy/.ball etc is to take the dog out with another dog that does retrieve, let jealousy kick in and the non retriever may then want to carry the object so the other dog can,t have it,only use this technique initialy though just to get the dog keen on carrying, you don,t want to overdo it this way incase the jealousy kicks in ,,,in the field :thumbs:

some good tips on here, but if it was me stop the retrieve for a bit, and really get the recall 100%. Lets face it it dont matter whats in its mouth, it got to come back straight away.So keep getting in its head recall , do 10 mins aday, then maybe next week just ( 1 -2) retrieves for that week. I do 1-2 retrieves once a week with my Tod pup, he will bring back dummy, and fur skin dummy and ive got him doing it over fences now :thumbs: , i still do the same with Bryn once a week. The key is not piss them off with it, thats why i only do it one day, but i do loads of recall every day . Once you got that they will fly back with somthing in there mouth or not :yes:

16-1.jpg

Brynwithfeather15birdsjim-1.jpg