spainel x hounds

Can anyone tell me what a spainel can offer a hound or what a hound wether it be a beagle, welshhound or any other hound offer a spainel please

i have a few spanielxbeagles by crossing the two u end up with noisey busy flushing dogs wich wont go as far as a pure beagle ideal for small areas and thick cover best fun very exiting quick fire action u can have it seems to cause a few arguments on here from the hound men have these crosses but i would recomend getting one

Can anyone tell me what a spainel can offer a hound or what a hound wether it be a beagle, welshhound or any other hound offer a spainel please

i have a few spanielxbeagles by crossing the two u end up with noisey busy flushing dogs wich wont go as far as a pure beagle ideal for small areas and thick cover best fun very exiting quick fire action u can have it seems to cause a few arguments on here from the hound men have these crosses but i would recomend getting one

i agree with you there, they dont half smash through the cover and the recall seems alot better. Only thing i find off putting about mine is they eat what they catch in fact they'll eat anything :sick: lol that could just be mine tho. good little dogs/hounds. atb mrs A

i agree with you there, they dont half smash through the cover and the recall seems alot better. Only thing i find off putting about mine is they eat what they catch in fact they'll eat anything :sick: lol that could just be mine tho. good little dogs/hounds. atb mrs A

A spaniel will smash through cover though ,adding hound to that does not make any difference simple fact is as stated you dont get them push out as far on a line as a pure bred hound,and on the hound side of the cross you are hopefully getting voice in cover which you dont get from pure bred spaniels, to me there just handy little curs suitable for flushing from small spots and handy for folk who want to play at keeping a pack or who havent got the space or time needed to work pure hounds,does anybody who works this cross find it difficult keeping there curs true to a scent or do they generaly just hunt any scent in the cover you draw from ?? :thumbs:

if u ask my opinion all the spaniel does is take the drive out of the hound it makes them want 2 hunt close no good if hunting big forestrys and vast amounts off cover like we have where im from ive seen a few of these crosses in my time and am yet 2 see one as good as a welsh or a beagle.

A spaniel will smash through cover though ,adding hound to that does not make any difference simple fact is as stated you dont get them push out as far on a line as a pure bred hound,and on the hound side of the cross you are hopefully getting voice in cover which you dont get from pure bred spaniels, to me there just handy little curs suitable for flushing from small spots and handy for folk who want to play at keeping a pack or who havent got the space or time needed to work pure hounds,does anybody who works this cross find it difficult keeping there curs true to a scent or do they generaly just hunt any scent in the cover you draw from ?? :thumbs:

firstly my young hounds only have a dash of spaniel in them they're mostly beagle, im yet to see the full ability of them as they're just a year old and havnt had a proper season yet. So hedz i'll be able to answer you questions properly after next season no doubt. atb mrs A

firstly my young hounds only have a dash of spaniel in them they're mostly beagle, im yet to see the full ability of them as they're just a year old and havnt had a proper season yet. So hedz i'll be able to answer you questions properly after next season no doubt. atb mrs A

How much is a dash lass ?? and why only a dash why not just go for the pure bred beagle ?? do ye think the dash of spaniel has made any difference for what purpose ye wanted them for or have ye know experiance of hunting beagles to base your judgement on if ye know what i mean ? :thumbs:

How much is a dash lass ?? and why only a dash why not just go for the pure bred beagle ?? do ye think the dash of spaniel has made any difference for what purpose ye wanted them for or have ye know experiance of hunting beagles to base your judgement on if ye know what i mean ? :thumbs:

im not sure how much is a dash you would have to ask Woods that he bred them, there my fellas hounds i dont hunt them personaly.

post-52820-0-47186000-1306669969_thumb.jpgpost-52820-0-79245200-1306670016_thumb.jpgpost-52820-0-52144800-1306670051_thumb.jpg do these picks count as something to compare them with? thats my fella out with the colne valley beagles.

im not sure how much is a dash you would have to ask Woods that he bred them, there my fellas hounds i dont hunt them personaly.

post-52820-0-47186000-1306669969_thumb.jpgpost-52820-0-79245200-1306670016_thumb.jpgpost-52820-0-52144800-1306670051_thumb.jpg do these picks count as something to compare them with? thats my fella out with the colne valley beagles.

No they dont count as much really anybody can follow hounds on a day out its not exactly hunting a pack is it,by throwing the pics up were you implying he knows how to compare them because he has followed some packs ?? i was only after your opinion no need to get your back up lass :laugh:

No they dont count as much really anybody can follow hounds on a day out its not exactly hunting a pack is it,by throwing the pics up were you implying he knows how to compare them because he has followed some packs ?? i was only after your opinion no need to get your back up lass :laugh:

i didnt just follow the pack mate i applied for the huntsmans job, i got down to the last 3 from 50, i didnt get it because i dont drive. im personal friends with the masters and ex huntsman iv been involved with hunting for over 20 years so iv learnt a little bit. if you want to know anything elce i'll pm you my number so and you can ask me whatever you want.

i didnt just follow the pack mate i applied for the huntsmans job, i got down to the last 3 from 50, i didnt get it because i dont drive. im personal friends with the masters and ex huntsman iv been involved with hunting for over 20 years so iv learnt a little bit. if you want to know anything elce i'll pm you my number so and you can ask me whatever you want.

Yeah can do fella ye dont live to far perhaps ye can show me a day out with ye hounds and dogs this coming season,i wouldnt mind seeing that little terrier ye got of a mate of mine i think he would like to know how shes going on to :thumbs: am sure i can return the day out with mine :thumbs: