under nourished pup

all milk contains lactose and as we know dogs are lactose intolerant ... goats milk has less lactose than cows milk but it still does contain it ... giving an already undernourished pup milk will just make its digestive system worse and slow down the process needed to metabolise the meal its given ............

i understand what you are saying especially if the pup isnt used to it, so what about the puppy milk that has been designed for pups would it be ok for him to give that? skinners puppy milk is supplmented with Bio-mos which is a natural aid to healthy digestive system ( says it on the tub). gaots milk has been used for years to feed orphaned pups and stuff so how can it be so wrong?

socks is pretty clued up when it comes to a dogs diet...feeding ect ..talks sense .he knows his stuff..but i have all ways given young dogs goats milk..and always will...its never done them any harm .seems to do them good .my pup looks a picture of health ...but on a pup under nourished he could well be right it could quite easily give it a upset stomach...

yes i agree mate, sorry if it sounds like im trying to question his knowledge, im not!

you go ahead and question his knowledge ..he might know his stuff but he dont know everything ...hes a gay man with alot of tattos..

all milk contains lactose and as we know dogs are lactose intolerant ... goats milk has less lactose than cows milk but it still does contain it ... giving an already undernourished pup milk will just make its digestive system worse and slow down the process needed to metabolise the meal its given ............

i understand what you are saying especially if the pup isnt used to it, so what about the puppy milk that has been designed for pups would it be ok for him to give that? skinners puppy milk is supplmented with Bio-mos which is a natural aid to healthy digestive system ( says it on the tub). gaots milk has been used for years to feed orphaned pups and stuff so how can it be so wrong?

socks is pretty clued up when it comes to a dogs diet...feeding ect ..talks sense .he knows his stuff..but i have all ways given young dogs goats milk..and always will...its never done them any harm .seems to do them good .my pup looks a picture of health ...but on a pup under nourished he could well be right it could quite easily give it a upset stomach...

yes i agree mate, sorry if it sounds like im trying to question his knowledge, im not!

Neither am I !

5 month old pup does not need any milk, puppy milk or goats milk.

good quality barf diet suitable for a puppy or quality puppy food fed 4 times a day through the day will be fine taking down to twice a day when at correct weight . maybe a picture and weight details of pup would be a good idea, weigh him regualrly to see his increase

• Like 1

a milk formulated specificaly for pups is completely different from natural milk so would be absolutely fine for pups if you had to feed it ... a 5 month old pup is way way past being weaned so shouldnt need any milk to supplement its diet what it needs is protein which contains creatine which is the basic building blocks of muscle .... chicken is high in protein as is beef and the fat content in beef will give the pup all the energy it requires so that it doesnt burn up any of its own body fats whilst building itself back up ...............

a milk formulated specificaly for pups is completely different from natural milk so would be absolutely fine for pups if you had to feed it ... a 5 month old pup is way way past being weaned so shouldnt need any milk to supplement its diet what it needs is protein which contains creatine which is the basic building blocks of muscle .... chicken is high in protein as is beef and the fat content in beef will give the pup all the energy it requires so that it doesnt burn up any of its own body fats whilst building itself back up ...............

yes mate but we're not talking about a normal healthy pup, i know specially formulated puppy milk isnt the same as natural milk im not stupid! its all well and good telling him to give it chicken and beef but that doesnt cover everything the pup needs.

It's not the lactose in milk that dogs are intolerant of (how would pups feed from their mother if they were?), it's the fact that the fat molecules in Cow's milk are relatively large and can't be digested by alot of dogs (and 1 in 7 people for that matter), the fat molecules in Goat's milk are much smaller and therefore are more easily digested.

It's a good source of protien, fat and obviously calcium so it's good stuff to build up an undernourished dog, just don't over-do the quantity.