Hi all just a follow up on a previous post about homemade lamps and as funds are low atm i decided to av ago and make 1 my self. Ive used a 8" 4x4 hella comet 500 spot light which i dug around for in my local scrappy i payed 10 pound for the pair in mint condition rrp 90pound + online so already on to a winner :toast: .A 12v 4 pin rocker switch and 2mtrs of 15amp cable and 2x crocodile clips 5pound for the lot. A H3 12v 100w bulb 2 pound posted online. Small roll of insulation tape and a soldring iron and a 1" plumming pipe at 7" long i dug out the shed and this is what i came up with :thumbs: what ya think guys? c :thumbs::thumbs: cheers mick...... struggling to upload photos says error file was to big any advice appreciated

:thumbs: used to make em the same way using old bsa bantam moterbike headlights and batterys .. my grandads shed and pigeon loft whr lit up by old lorry head lights and a lorry battery he was the only person i knew of in them days had an outside light.. Edited by the_stig

that takes me back used to make my own back in about 1976 always used lr6 or lr9 spotlight they ended up like goldust because everyone was nicking them to make lamps both had really tight beams we used to tape a plastic flower pot over the end to stop any glare and make the beam even tighter . at the time i was always on the lookout for things to make the handle with used to change the handle every couple of weeks for something lighter and more comfortable lol.mind you the acid batteries were something else back then

The first one i ever made was an unused fog headlamp with the yellow film removed from inside the glass,a motorbike battery and a switch with a bakelite casing,cant remember how long ago it was now?

Ruined loads of jackets with the leaky battery and had the odd meltdown but it did the job well enough.