Lost my shooting premission.

Well, I've fallen out with the owner of my premission due to him charging me ridiclous rates in order to shoot vermin. He said he's going to now phone my FLO and have the land removed from my FAC! Will this now mean I'll loose my FAC unless I find new ground quickly?

Thanks

Guest john5

Well, I've fallen out with the owner of my premission due to him charging me ridiclous rates in order to shoot vermin. He said he's going to now phone my FLO and have the land removed from my FAC! Will this now mean I'll loose my FAC unless I find new ground quickly?

Thanks

sounds to me like you will and the police may act quickly on his phone call

WHAT GUNS ARE YOU SELLING ?

sound,s like a right wanker,join the local shooting club,quick,phone in sick for a couple of days and get knocking on door,s,,i think to hold a fac weapon you need a place to use it,and a valid reason,unless you got an open ticket,which gives you a bit more room to manouver,if you can prove you shoot elsewhere as a guest,not sure where you stand,a lot could depend on how your feo,interpret,s the rule book,,good luck,mate,,ian

Guest john5

seriously , i think you must have been arsey for the landowner to phone your firearms officer

teliing you not to bother going there again is one thing but you already said you have fallen out with the guy :thumbdown:

something your not telling us ?

You pay to shoot :tongue2: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not all people are lucky enough to have free shooting , especially if you live in a non farming / rural area. This guy is asking for advice and i for one dont find anything to smirk about :nono:

• Like 3

No its not anything to smirk about...but......who the feck pays farmers to shoot vermin!???? Come on...seriously? :icon_eek:

the people I shoot for all give me a xmas bottle or a few quid, I wouldn’t be spending money on guns, fuel, ammo, clothing etc etc etc if I then had to pay for the shooting as well! Unless its is a lease on deer stalking! :blink:

Can't you justifiably have a gun for use on paid shooting trips? (ie no permanent peisdion?).

Otherwise there are stalking clubs that you can join that will suffice to get a ticket for all normal vermin and deer calibres. Look at something like Minsterley Ranges (stalking club) Shropshire. They'll sort you out membership in a day.

Doesn't even matter if they're not that local to you.

I would try to calm things down with the person you have had a fall out with. Basically if you upset a landowner and he he has stated he is going to contact your FEO/FLO, the Police are going to look at your overall personal character in the way of "is this person mentally stable enough to be in possession of firearms", not good at all mate.

Diplomacy and an appolgy, regardless of the reasons or who was right or wrong, you must stop this person from contacting the police at all costs as you will be up the creek mate regardless of whether you join a club, pay for stalking etc

Get round there and agree to his new rates, but just dont go as much and in the meantime get searching for more places to shoot and hope this person doesnt spread the word and put other landowners off letting you shoot on their land.

All the best with it.

• Like 1