allowed 2 .22lr ??

hi guys im a newbie (on this forum not shooting wise) can anyone tell me ; i already have f.a.c air rifle .22lr and 17hmr and a shotgun -but i sold my 17 hmr a while back but now want another as o bigger piece of land has become avaliable for me from one of my permissions , i also sold my 40ftlb airrifle so they need to be variated to get back on my ticket . now i want to get another .22lr as i want one for subsonic rounds (around cattle horses etc ) and another outfit for high velocity for a bit more distance , and after that the hmr will do the rest .obviously to zero a .22lr at 50 yrds with subs is a completly different zero at the same distance with high velocity and gets very confusing ,will that be a good enough reason to get an extra .22lr slot as im in the process of sending it tomorrow HEEELP :thumbs:

I wouldnt say wanting one for subs and one for HV rounds is a good reason for wanting 2 22.LRS , Although lots of people have more than one, just ask them for 2 on your ticket, I wouldnt use that reason though.

In know some people have 2 because they have 1 in Bolt action and 1 semi auto.

I dont see why you wouldnt just use the 17HMR when you would use the 22 with HVs ? Surely the 17 would be better?

Also if you had done a 1for1 variation at the time of sales of the other guns you would of got slots for them again for free , because you left it now you will have to pay the variation fee to get it ammended.

I wouldnt say wanting one for subs and one for HV rounds is a good reason for wanting 2 22.LRS , Although lots of people have more than one, just ask them for 2 on your ticket, I wouldnt use that reason though.

I dont see why you wouldnt just use the 17HMR when you would use the 22 with HVs ? Surely the 17 would be better?

Also if you had done a 1for1 variation at the time of sales of the other guns you would of got slots for them again for free , because you left it now you will have to pay the variation fee to get it ammended.

DOH !! :wallbash:

thats really helpfull ! you mean you can sell one and get another without variating !? and thats a very good point about the 17 - i wont need to get a bigger cabinette either if i just stick with 1 .22 - thats whats so good about a forun like this , its obvious to outsiders what the right moves are but we can overcomplicate things sometimes when the answer is simple :thumbs:

DOH !! :wallbash:

thats really helpfull ! you mean you can sell one and get another without variating !? and thats a very good point about the 17 - i wont need to get a bigger cabinette either if i just stick with 1 .22 - thats whats so good about a forun like this , its obvious to outsiders what the right moves are but we can overcomplicate things sometimes when the answer is simple :thumbs:

CHEERS FOR THAT [bANNED TEXT] - BUT HOW DO I PUT THAT ON THE VARIATION ? DO I JUST ASK FOR ANOTHER .22 ? IV TOLD THEM I HAVE 1 ALREADY SO DO I JUST FILL IN THE WANTING SECTION WITH ANOTHER -EVEN IF I DONT GET 2 IM LOOKING TO CHANGE THE ONE I HAVE ANYWAY

I think you're dreaming mate.

I cant see some one for example getting two .243's ,one zeroed for 75grain bullets for fox's and the other zeroed for 100grain for reds, its just not going to happen.

Why not get a .17 and that will do you fine for the longer ranges. Plus the .22 HV rounds dont tend to be that accurate but i have had 1" groups with Remington Yellow Jackets.

I think you're dreaming mate.

I cant see some one for example getting two .243's ,one zeroed for 75grain bullets for fox's and the other zeroed for 100grain for reds, its just not going to happen.

Why not get a .17 and that will do you fine for the longer ranges. Plus the .22 HV rounds dont tend to be that accurate but i have had 1" groups with Remington Yellow Jackets.

yes thats what iv decided to do - i had 17 on my ticket but sold it- but now iv got another huge bit of land so il variate for it -i like the yellow jackets too but a much better round is the federal eagles ! give em a go -my zero for rws hp subs is 50 yrds but the eagles its 75 ,without going down on the mill dots .. im also going for 243

Best ring up your FEO mate and tell them what you want to do, then they will tell you what you need to do and send you the right forms!

YES I GOT ALL THE FORMS I DOWNLOADED THEM FROM A PDF

JUST WISH ID KNOWN ABOUT 1 4 1 BEFORE -DONT TELL YOU THAT ON THE FORMS DO IT !

http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/fir101-2.pdf

LETS ALL USE CAPSLOCKS YEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

it is possible if you experiment with bullets and know how your rifle works to get both .22 subs and .22 hv to be very accurate through the same rifle.

good question :thumbs: that was my dilema ,but it seems that from most shooters point of view the .22lr is now a sub shooter and 17 is the step up - correct me if im wrong guys :doh:

correct, i just dont think the price difference is worth it. at busy times i get through over 250 .22 bullets a week and can get good deals on them. 17 are that much more expensive.

my subs and hv of different brands i may add will go through my CZ with 2 inch difference at 75 yards. on the same latitude, i can cope with this and work with it to good affect.

correct, i just dont think the price difference is worth it. at busy times i get through over 250 .22 bullets a week and can get good deals on them. 17 are that much more expensive.

my subs and hv of different brands i may add will go through my CZ with 2 inch difference at 75 yards. on the same latitude, i can cope with this and work with it to good affect.

i think your trying to say work it out LEARN TO SHOOT WITH BOTH through the same rifle :thumbs::doh:

it is possible if you experiment with bullets and know how your rifle works to get both .22 subs and .22 hv to be very accurate through the same rifle.

I have tried .22 rimfire in HV (yellow jackets) in the past and found them to be a right pain in the arse accuracy wise. For me i found that with the HV the groupings opened right up meaning that the longer range you get out of them is irrelevant. Also noise wise there is a big difference so all in all decided not to go down that route again

atb

Edited by lapin2008