Buying your first air rifle

Pump your gun upto 100, then take it out and fire it until it's flat, and then some anorak will tell you how many shots your gun will fire on one fill. :laugh: If it's fires the required amount of shots for a full bottle, then it's your pump gauge.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How do guys n gals!   Well after reading far too many subjects lately about "Which gun should I buy", "What pellets should I use" topics I thought I'd make this topic up for your perusal. It may se

Does anyone have any information about a pump Benjamin Sheridan? I have looked on the internet but can find much information about the one I have? Its very accurate considering you have to pump it up.

Great post, just joined as a newbie and read this from top to bottom, was clear and interesting, atleast it gives me a starting point for selecting my gear. thanks rik.

Hi Markman and everyone.

Just got my first rifle, S410 carbine .177, (DOM. 8/2009).

Paid £300 which I think was good considering what come with it.

Richter Optik 3-9X50 AOE,

Harris SLM bipod,

Silencer/moderator (I think this is the AA model) and a

David Nickerson rifle slip case and a tin of pellets.

Also, come with an Ernest Hill pump and spare refill adapter.

The bar pressure is showing just below 100, however, no amount of pumping seems to move the needle. I don’t want to keep pumping in case the pressure meter is no longer working and I end up damaging any seals. I have noticed after the air power drops (dry firing sound is much lower) it will increase after using the Hill pump for 5 minutes.

I’m not sure what’s going on here. Is the pressure meter broke, are the seals failing at 90/95 psi, or maybe the pumps faulty.

Any ideas what’s going on?

Or, should I just get a refill tank or maybe a service? (Anyone know how much a service cost?)

Was also thinking maybe sell it on and get the S410 tdr.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Regards

Fred

Ps happy holidays and new year!

I would not use a pump to much crap and moisture can get into your gun , dive cylinder is a must imo

By the way its happy Christmas and new year , we are in England

Hi villaman, thanks for the comments. Yes I have read about crap and moisture getting into the gun, although I did read the hill pump does a good job keeping it out due to some valve outlet. But comment noted!

Might have to seek out dive cylinder (money in short supply now days).

Ref Christmas, I'm also in England and it is an holiday.

Regards

Fred

Pump your gun upto 100, then take it out and fire it until it's flat, and then some anorak will tell you how many shots your gun will fire on one fill. :laugh: If it's fires the required amount of shots for a full bottle, then it's your pump gauge.

Sounds like a plan stealthy1, makes a lot of sense. I will give this a go. Thumbs UP!

Have a good one.

Regards

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...