Buying your first air rifle

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How do guys n gals!   Well after reading far too many subjects lately about "Which gun should I buy", "What pellets should I use" topics I thought I'd make this topic up for your perusal. It may se

Does anyone have any information about a pump Benjamin Sheridan? I have looked on the internet but can find much information about the one I have? Its very accurate considering you have to pump it up.

Great post, just joined as a newbie and read this from top to bottom, was clear and interesting, atleast it gives me a starting point for selecting my gear. thanks rik.

I would encourage all newbies to sit and read this from top to bottom, saves the regulars from answering the same questions everyday :thumbs: you should get detailed basics from this and know what rifle and set up will suit you.

Excellent darryl, top bit of info :thumbs:

Atb peter

• Like 5

MODS.

This should definately be pinned.

A lot of thought and care has gone into presenting a lot of information as readably understandable as possible for the most inexperienced newcomer looking for his/her first gun.

Darryl you've done a fantastic job mate. Well done.

Simon

• Like 3

Good work Darryl, I just hope people have the attention span to make use of it.

They wont learn nowt if they dont mate.....

Just hope people point them, towards it when the same sort of questions get asked :thumbs:

Darryl

• Like 2

A lot of thought and care has gone into presenting a lot of information as readably understandable as possible for the most inexperienced newcomer looking for his/her first gun.

Darryl you've done a fantastic job mate. Well done.

Simon

Aye, took loadsa concentration to copy n paste that into chunks legible by modern kids :laugh: :11:

Seriously though; Nice work Darryl :notworthy:

Tony

• Like 3

Well Done Darryl,

Really well thought out and will help out Newbies and Old Hands returning to Airgun Shooting, Especially the Section that keeps cropping up on here all the time i.e.

the Calibre Conundrum of which is best .177 v .22 or the outsider Cals .20 & .25.

regards Daz.diablo.gif

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Cheers Darry, I've litterally just bought my first air rifle after years of wanting one. I've shot plenty of others in the past but never had the opportunity to shoot somewhere on a regular basis.

I think that had I of seen this guide before going to my local shop I'd probably have saved the guy a lot of questions lol

The one thing that did surprise me though froom your guide was where you said that a gun stored in a slip will rust! Is this true and if so, why? I'm guessing you from putting it away damp after shooting and not drying out fully but wanna check.

Thanks again

Nick

Cheers Darry, I've litterally just bought my first air rifle after years of wanting one. I've shot plenty of others in the past but never had the opportunity to shoot somewhere on a regular basis.

I think that had I of seen this guide before going to my local shop I'd probably have saved the guy a lot of questions lol

The one thing that did surprise me though froom your guide was where you said that a gun stored in a slip will rust! Is this true and if so, why? I'm guessing you from putting it away damp after shooting and not drying out fully but wanna check.

Thanks again

Nick

Hi Nick

Cheers mate!

You hit the nail on the head. Not storing it in the gunslip allows the air to circulate round it instead of festering in an enclosed space. However dont take it for gospel. A lot if people store theirs in a gunslip with no problems. So as long as its dried and oiled properly after use you shouldn't have any problems.

Darryl

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

good one darryl must have took some time mate i enjoyed reading it and you,v got it spot on iv got the bsa xl ,hw90 gasram, bsa scorpion pcp and the hw97kt syn and they all shoot as you,v said. top class post mate