which .22 rifle

I have a SAKO quad and got it because the idea of just replacing the barrel to have other calibre options sounded appealing. However in reality unless you have limited space in your cabinet the Quad option is of no real benefit as you have to re zero each time you change the barrel. So it isn't just a case of just pulling the gun out of the cabinet and off you go. Having said that I have a 22lr barrel on my quad and it shoots fine and I am happy with it.

Anyway the shopping around is all part of the fun. :thumbs:

Or you could get one of those scopes specifically for the quad that has multi zeros....... colour coded bands on the turret that match the barrels. Think they're made by bushnell

I have a SAKO quad and got it because the idea of just replacing the barrel to have other calibre options sounded appealing. However in reality unless you have limited space in your cabinet the Quad option is of no real benefit as you have to re zero each time you change the barrel. So it isn't just a case of just pulling the gun out of the cabinet and off you go. Having said that I have a 22lr barrel on my quad and it shoots fine and I am happy with it.

Anyway the shopping around is all part of the fun. :thumbs:

Or you could get one of those scopes specifically for the quad that has multi zeros....... colour coded bands on the turret that match the barrels. Think they're made by bushnell

I think Swarovski make then, and they cost about £2000 mate, far to much for any rimfire and who has all four calibers ?

It was Burris that made/makes the special scope for the Sako. I tried Uttings who I know used to sell them but all I got was the following:

http://www.uttings.co.uk/Product/543/105460/burris-fullfield-ii-3-9x40-sako-quad-rifle-scope-bur-200178/

DISCONTINUED!

I don't know if you can buy them elsewhere but at RRP of £382.42 thats a lot of money.

From a personal point of view, I would much rather have two separate rifles and scopes nicely set up and zeroed than one and have to make fiddly changes. I am sure I'm not alone but I want to know than when I point the rifle at what I'm aiming at at the right range human error aside its going to go down, not be worried that I have set the scope on the right settings and the barrel all set up right.

Maybe I am old fashioned?

But I personally would go Anshutz.

ATB

Jonno

looks like its going to be the Anschutz then....all i need now is my licence to come through the post, then a trip down sportsman gun centre.....hopefuly they'll have a good selection to choose from!

does anyone know if the colour of the stock varies on the Anschutz? im going to be looking for a fairly dark stock!!

• 1 month later...

This is what i got!

197d58d2.jpg

Anschutz 1417 .22lr, Wildcat whisper mod, Redfield 3-9x50 scope, Harrise bipod, Butler creek sling

i have got my eye on one of those. Be interested to find out how you get on with it

Well , I've had it 2 months and shot 5 foxes and a fare few rabbits with it!I haven't missed much with it either......well worth the money!