which .22 rifle

im stuck between getting an Anschutz 1417 or a sako quad hunter. I went to have a look at them both today in the local gun shop and really cant choose and was hoping you guys could help me make my mind up before my head explodes!!i will be using it for pest control, mainly rabbits and the odd fox.......cheers

I have a SAKO quad and got it because the idea of just replacing the barrel to have other calibre options sounded appealing. However in reality unless you have limited space in your cabinet the Quad option is of no real benefit as you have to re zero each time you change the barrel. So it isn't just a case of just pulling the gun out of the cabinet and off you go. Having said that I have a 22lr barrel on my quad and it shoots fine and I am happy with it.

Anyway the shopping around is all part of the fun. :thumbs:

im stuck between getting an Anschutz 1417 or a sako quad hunter. I went to have a look at them both today in the local gun shop and really cant choose and was hoping you guys could help me make my mind up before my head explodes!!i will be using it for pest control, mainly rabbits and the odd fox.......cheers

As the first post said, FORGET the quad as a multi barrel gun, thats a waste of time for most people!

If you want to spend money there is nothing technically to chose between them, so just get what you fancy, there is no other way to put it.

Otherwise just get a CZ and save some money! :yes::thumbs:

HW 60j 22 made up with it 10 out of10.A lot better then my Cz

Each to there own and everyone favours something over another but I never do understand statements as above....

Just which bit is ....

....A lot better then my Cz

Does it work better, is it more reliable, does it feed better, is it more accurate, etc, just what is a LOT better?

Cheers.

ATB!

Edited by Deker

I'd go with the annie, but just because I have one, but I have handled both, the Sako has a bit of a triangular bolt handle, which I didn't like, plus the trigger guard is I think plastic? maybe that's just on the synthetic model, but the ability to change barrels is a bit of a waste of time for most, needing to re-zero between changings, plus there's the other worry of having to clean where the barrel sits in the action, the triggers are comprable, both extreemly good,like I say I'd go with the annie, but at the end of the day, it's your gun and you're going to have to live with it!

I'd go with the annie, but just because I have one, but I have handled both, the Sako has a bit of a triangular bolt handle, which I didn't like, plus the trigger guard is I think plastic? maybe that's just on the synthetic model, but the ability to change barrels is a bit of a waste of time for most, needing to re-zero between changings, plus there's the other worry of having to clean where the barrel sits in the action, the triggers are comprable, both extreemly good,like I say I'd go with the annie, but at the end of the day, it's your gun and you're going to have to live with it!

the bolt action is much smoother on the sako but theres still something about the anschutz that i really like. also the stock on the sako is better looking but they vary quite a bit,is it the same on the anschutz because i prefer a darker stock? otherwise im just going to have to go down newport to the sportsman gun centre and see what i come back with!

Jenx bach, ANSCHUTZ, EVERY TIME BACHGEN GLAN I

haha.... nutcase!!

It has ben said :icon_redface:

Straight up tho, you wont go far off with an Anschutz. I have a .222 Anschutz, had it for a long time now, shot a lot of ammo through it, and it's still as accurate as ever, (either that or its well off accurate but by being so, it compensates for my crap shooting)

get a anschutz 1417 iv got one and i would never get rid of it unless i had to iv fire thousands of rounds through it and i can still thumb hole rounds at 80 yards! only problem with them is the mags are shit! you must keep them empty and clean

ATB RYNO