Best way to train terrier to go to ground

I think sometimes patiance is important when entering young dogs, they all dont go first time out. Some are slower than other to come on. Just keep taking it out with an experianced dog coupled on the earth. The penny should drop, not saying that all will enter though. But i think too many people are in to much of a rush to enter young dogs, and get trigger happy.

I'm just wundering the best way to train a terrier to go to ground or witch way people do it cuz im sure every one do it differnt any answers would be helpful

Many thanks

if the dogs is well bred and is matured u wont need to train it will come natually to the dog

I think sometimes patiance is important when entering young dogs, they all dont go first time out. Some are slower than other to come on. Just keep taking it out with an experianced dog coupled on the earth. The penny should drop, not saying that all will enter though. But i think too many people are in to much of a rush to enter young dogs, and get trigger happy.

sound advise mate :thumbs:

Guest busterdog

Looks to me like the dog was being put off by the hand on the scruff, why do people feel the need to get involved to much ? will you be there to hold it's hand toground.

Good luck with the pup but if it were me i'de take a backwards step and watch from a distance and say nothing untill it was doing it for itself.

• Like 1

yeah, i see your point.

every dog was treated different though, depending on their initial response.

the hand was meant as a bit of back up, and also too show the pup what we wanted from here, being a pup her focus is a bit wandering.

there is no need to try and train him.when he is ready he will go. i never seen a terrier that didnt travel an earth when it was ready. finding and staying is the hard bit for them. just give him the opertunity when he is old enough and he will go.good luck