Idiots with airguns

In my local paper it has been reported that 2 adult swans and 6 cygnets have been shot and killed with an air rifle. Of course the RSPCA have jumped on the band wagon as usual demanding tighter legislation on "Air Weapons" It is time that we started to stand up more for ourselves and rid our beloved sport of these idiotic morons so that it does not give the Anti lobby an excuse for attempting to ridicule our sport and passion. :wallbash:

• Like 1

In my local paper it has been reported that 2 adult swans and 6 cygnets have been shot and killed with an air rifle. Of course the RSPCA have jumped on the band wagon as usual demanding tighter legislation on "Air Weapons" It is time that we started to stand up more for ourselves and rid our beloved sport of these idiotic morons so that it does not give the Anti lobby an excuse for attempting to ridicule our sport and passion. :wallbash:

Good luck with that, its just the same with dogs. Far too many fuckwits involved in hunting and they make the genuine lads look bad. Shame.

It is time that we started to stand up more for ourselves and rid our beloved sport of these idiotic morons so that it does not give the Anti lobby an excuse for attempting to ridicule our sport and passion. :wallbash:

I hear you and totally agree :yes: but apart from shelling out to organisations such as BASC etc.. what can we do? Anyone have any sensible suggestions?

Tony

I think that through this excellent forum we could set up some sort of committee of representatives in each area to co-incide with the organisations to push for more education instead of legislation. I know I am shouting my mouth off but I firmly believe in my sport and wish to protect it

You can't legislate against stupid and you can't educate pork.....

No amount of wishful thinking will ever change that. Whilst idiots have access gun's, dogs, crossbows, stones, sharp sticks or whatever, they'll always find some way to misuse them.

Stupid is as stupid does. End of.

Be bleeding catapaults next!

Catties are only legal for two things :yes:

1/. Competative target shooting.

2/. Hunting Bunnies :yes:

So if your out and about with your catty and you get pulled for having an offensive weapon in the street, your on your way to your permission for some bunny bashing or on your way home from doing same :angel:

What about groundbaiting? That is what I used my cattie for! Could not fling the groundbait that far (also good for targetting pillocks in canoes, pleasure cruisers and rowing boats who want to see how many flipping floats they could collect)!

Edited by secretagentmole

What about groundbaiting? That is what I used my cattie for! Could not fling the groundbait that far (also good for targetting pillocks in canoes, pleasure cruisers and rowing boats who want to see how many flipping floats they could collect)!

Although not strictly legal (believe it or not :wallbash: ) those kinds of comercial caties are very low power so tend to (added to the fact fishing is seen as a peacefull hobby/sport) be overlooked. Most police officers wouldn't have a clue about their legality :gunsmilie:

However, comments like those above Mike (especially if you put them into practice in the real world) would certainly draw their legality into question and then you would have to rely on wrist and arm action/technique to deliver your groundbait in a very short time :tongue2:

• Like 1

Yeah but hooray henries on floating gin palaces do not appreciate arial bursts of maggots raining down as they set a course for your blasted end gear! I did once set up by a sunken tree, no fish near it, but the hoorays tried to get my float, ripped the bottom out of a 3 month old river cruiser...

Short of going down the license route, there is damn all that can be done.

However when you consider the amount of problems caused by idiots and the amount of problems caused by morons with sharp knives it seems ridiculous you can by something capable of decapitating a human at most cook shops!