kits greyhound

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personalty I dont think a higher price guarantees any better keeper, you only have to go to the nearest dog pound to see just how many pedigrees they have in, someone paid a fair price for them at som

Terrier ferrets for sale £40 smaller then greyhound ferrets wont get stuck in net at all   Atb Dave

I got saluki ferrets here mate, guaurenteed to stay with the rabbit all day and never catch it

Still no pics dave how many days now has this topic been going ,not having a pop At you mate but every day I check the computer thinking oh I hope daves got pics of his stock up ,??? But alas no photographic evidence of the mythical falconery ferrets ,?????????

Personalty I dont think a higher price guarantees any better keeper, you only have to go to the nearest dog pound to see just how many pedigrees they have in, someone paid a fair price for them at some point

• Like 3

='hunterdave' timestamp='1306001793' post='2069819']

'The one' timestamp='1305998940' post='2069742']

='hunterdave' timestamp='1305968199' post='2069128']

i dont give a f**k what all you think worked them 4 years now and when up in scotland we boltat leaet 200 rabbits in the week so i no that thay work

Okay so one week they bolted a few rabbits how many did they bolt the other fifty one weeks of the year ??.

you prick dont hunt summer

Okay so you brought them up to gods country and they did a week of honest graft .How many do they bolt each week normally ?? how many in a season???

Is that worded better?

Cheers mate. So not only is he a peddler of the first order, but also doesn't actually know what a 'greyhound' ferret is.

Now let me ask you to consider this logically! If you were looking at a line of true breeding ferrets, and gave them the name 'greyhounds', do you think it would be due to their tiny size? I mean logically, would you pick 'greyhound' to refer to a mini ferret???

No one is holding a gun to anybodies head to buy these ferrets, if you don,t like the price don,t buy simple. I have some of Daves stock and can personally vouch for their working ability. I belive that with all livestock you need to get the best stock you belive you can as a gene pool and thats regardless of price (cheap or expensive) When you,ve made your choice breed best to best and you,ll not have to buy again untill you need to out cross. As I,ve said I am more than happy with my stock and when I want to out cross I would not worry about paying £25 if it was the stock I belived would improve my line. "A fool and his money?" or good stockmanship,the choice is yours.

No one is holding a gun to anybodies head to buy these ferrets, if you don,t like the price don,t buy simple. I have some of Daves stock and can personally vouch for their working ability. I belive that with all livestock you need to get the best stock you belive you can as a gene pool and thats regardless of price (cheap or expensive) When you,ve made your choice breed best to best and you,ll not have to buy again untill you need to out cross. As I,ve said I am more than happy with my stock and when I want to out cross I would not worry about paying £25 if it was the stock I belived would improve my line. "A fool and his money?" or good stockmanship,the choice is yours.

See, that's fair enough. But it some how implies that by spending 25 quid you will get 'good stock', but folk who charge less, or give them away free to good homes, do not have 'good stock'? I admit that at the end of the day 25 quid is not THAT much in the grand scheme of things for a good working ferret. But this guys is 100% breeding for the money (he admits it) and not to produce the 'best' he can, i mean are ALL of his six jills equally as good, top workers? Or did he just breed every jill he had to maximize profit? Lets face it, as soon as folk start to be really concerned about the money, the decisions they make are not based upon producing the 'best' workers. And they are being mis-sold as something they are not.

There is also the fact that most folk don't know the difference between a half decent ferret and a very good one. And a huge amount of what is bred off as a 'top worker', isn't.

I would love to see some picts and the only quote the lads given is two hundred rabbits in a week .Well my ferreting season six month long how do they compare the rest of the season ?. i would love to see one of those ferrets on a big Febuary buck rabbit 12/16 foot down and see them clear a warren . Any time anybody questions him he resorts to name calling and cant give honest answers .I think a few folk might read this and think twenty five quid ferrets will help get them a few more rabbits time will tell .

I would love to see some picts and the only quote the lads given is two hundred rabbits in a week .Well my ferreting season six month long how do they compare the rest of the season ?. i would love to see one of those ferrets on a big Febuary buck rabbit 12/16 foot down and see them clear a warren . Any time anybody questions him he resorts to name calling and cant give honest answers .I think a few folk might read this and think twenty five quid ferrets will help get them a few more rabbits time will tell .

Couple of posts up, click on the link, page 3, photos of the mythical 25 quid 'greyhounds' owned by 'Charming Dave'. :thumbs:

here they are mate.

IMG_0204.jpg

686d5b3d.jpg