how long into running dogs

i was wondering how long members been in to their running dogs of any breed or cross myself ime 57 and had them all my life since a kid other than a few years when the kids were in their teens and played international table tennis and i was running them round 7 days a week for coaching so packed them in for a few years. but soon got back into it when they started work themselves .remember the first time i discovered lamping about 1976 1977 and was out every night summer and winter for a few years fog moon wind no wind it didnt make any differance i had to get out with the lamp and dogs . the only bonus age brings is making you wiser even if its only a bit lol. lets hear from otheres when they started with dogs .

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had terriers since before I can remember. First lurcher when I was 19 and that's now 26 years ago? Jesus it don't seem that long when you say it quickly eh? Had some of the best times ever with them t

Was six when my first lurcher came in, 44 now, so it's 38 years! Still gettin a buzz, still learnin too, no ones too old for that.

Well mate I'm only 15 years old and been with lurchers. For two years not long at all but hope I can be into them as long as you now that's dedication mate good on ya

Edited by J.DOG

been hunting since a young kid 8 upwards weather it be ferreting,birdnesting,lurcher work terrier work ,snareing ,trapping ,my mates dad use 2 takes us out all the time ,got first dog in seniors school and had a break and then got back into again ,then had 1 ever since say 14/15 years had my own dog but in the game 20 year

been into lurchers since i joined this site.... wasnt looking to get into them was actually looking for a labrador gundog ....

met a fella off this site who took me out and got me hooked on them and taught me alot .... dont really get on with the fella now but owe him alot as id be lost without a running dog now

Had terriers since before I can remember. First lurcher when I was 19 and that's now 26 years ago? Jesus it don't seem that long when you say it quickly eh? Had some of the best times ever with them too! My son - 13 years old is as keen as!!! And that's great. :thumbs:

• Like 1

there have always been running dogs around me since i was born,and as long as my health permits i will always have them.even when i finally give it up ill rescue an old greyhound.cant imagine my house without a sight hound in it.