i have gave him water, poured into his/her mouth, ideation thanks mate, its nice too see more than the kill it posts that i requested not be placed but ahwell :thumbs:MyPictures027.jpg

It does'nt look that bloody small to me, poor thing, it would be better to kill it than torture it in a cage like that and i would not call a wild bird a pet? as for the pest control thing i very much doubt that he is a pest controler or many pest controlers would keep a wild bird as a pet. But just my opinion.

Good on you, always fancied rearing one.

Is it drinking well now? As you can just sort of peck at the water with a finger untill it gets the idea.

Lol at pest controllers not keeping one, why not ?

hardly much of a pest in that cage, apart from the noise that is coming as it settles in :D

ok maybe more game keepers but it is a pest so it just depends what you control, i'm fine with my pet cockroach

I've met a few keepers with captive magpies used as call birds and kept on.

Just face it mate, there are no hard and fast rules, it takes all walks.

It's as stupid as the lad that said 'no proper keeper would have a lurcher".

:blink:

• Like 1

ok maybe more game keepers but it is a pest so it just depends what you control, i'm fine with my pet cockroach

I've met a few keepers with captive magpies used as call birds and kept on.

Just face it mate, there are no hard and fast rules, it takes all walks.

It's as stupid as the lad that said 'no proper keeper would have a lurcher".

:blink:

There's a keeper I know as keeps a captive magpie I get my first call bird from him every year saves a load of hassle I must admit I have let call birds go that have caught well as always got to keep the numbers down but wouldn't want to be without them :thumbs:

from now its a he, he's been quite vocal today so he is now in the larson trap to hopefully attract a bird i can use as a call bird. i am not against the killing of magpies, i too have shot plenty, however, i dont see it as the right thing to be killing baby magpies. rabbits too are a pest but killing baby rabbits is frowned upon :thumbs:

If your a 'hardman' like a lot of people on here you'd ' put a pellet in it's head' on the other hand, if your not a bellend, i'd rear it and keep it as a pet. Always fancied it. Even though i like shooting magpies. There very clever birds.