today i rescued a magpie chick from my garden, there was no parents in the garden nor is there a nest nearby :icon_eek: so do you have any tips for me? should i handle it to get it used to me or just sit by it? im assuming it will feed when it is hungry so ive got some soaked dog bicuits in there for now, please no snide or stupid remarks :big_boss: i will not put it back in the garden as the neighbours have cats, i will not kill it. theres two answers to stupid questions some may have asked. thankyou in advance :thumbs:

do you intending keeping it as a sort of pet,or are you goiing to rear it and release it.if its the latter id wring its neck.

dog food ive heard people rearing corvids if that helps

Edited by scothunter

Keep it in a Larsen trap. We 'raised' a crow chick as daft kids. It ate dog food and what ever scraps, slugs and worms we chucked in for it. Had to teach the daft bloody thing how to drink water out of a bowl.

on your page you have details off your PEST control team , well if you control pests then you know what to do with it !

He clearly is'nt a pest controller, probably for show or considers himself a pest controler :laugh:

Keep it in a Larsen trap. We 'raised' a crow chick as daft kids. It ate dog food and what ever scraps, slugs and worms we chucked in for it. Had to teach the daft bloody thing how to drink water out of a bowl.

ive got it in a bird cage, she/he is now calling to me for food :thumbs:

today i rescued a magpie chick from my garden, there was no parents in the garden nor is there a nest nearby :icon_eek: so do you have any tips for me? should i handle it to get it used to me or just sit by it? im assuming it will feed when it is hungry so ive got some soaked dog bicuits in there for now, please no snide or stupid remarks :big_boss: i will not put it back in the garden as the neighbours have cats, i will not kill it. theres two answers to stupid questions some may have asked. thankyou in advance :thumbs:

i've found that its very hard to get a bird to drink,but once they do they perk right up :tongue4: :laugh: .

here's what i do.cut a straw in half at an angle,then place the angled end of the straw in a cup of water,place your finger over the top of the straw.this will retain the water in the straw and you will be able to hydrate the bird by opening its beak and releasing the water down its throat.

you may have to force feed it for a while as well,see how it goes.but get some water into it for sure.

Just for the retards on here.

Being a 'pest controller' does it automatically prevent / ban you from having any pets / captive animals that you may be required to remove.

It doesn't ruin your hard man image either :thumbs:

i have gave him water, poured into his/her mouth, ideation thanks mate, its nice too see more than the kill it posts that i requested not be placed but ahwell :thumbs:MyPictures027.jpg

Do you think that's fair? A small cage like that?

i have gave him water, poured into his/her mouth, ideation thanks mate, its nice too see more than the kill it posts that i requested not be placed but ahwell :thumbs:MyPictures027.jpg

Do you think that's fair? A small cage like that?

its actually larger than it looks :thumbs: when its abit bigger itl go in my spare aviery :thumbs: