New permission

Well boys as promised ive done a write up and taken lots of photos of mine and smoggyadams new permission we got last week, this is the first time weve been up and had a walk round with the rifles, its huuuuuuuge!! and half the permission isnt in the photos as its just to big!! Anyway we got to the permission at 3pm and had a talk to the farmer, he gave us the green light and off we went, antisipating huge numbers of rabbits, squirrels and pigeons etc etc that the farmer assured us were present......and he wasnt kidding, the farmer no longer farms but has made a swap from cattle to conservation and has perfect woodland with cut out pathways and feeders everywhere, plus lots of arable land, some with oil seed rape and some with barley, aswell as a large area of untamed and unmanaged woodland, this place is big and theres no way we'll be able to see it all today, rifles out of the car and a quick zero and were ready,

Video of arriving at the permission, as soon as the video starts everything you see in it is ours to shoot over :thumbs:

As this place is new to us we werent expecting to bag alot, it was more of a feet finding trip, to locate the areas the rabbits and squirrels etc etc were in their main numbers, every field or pathway we walked down produced rabbits and everthing else you could imagine, adam was first with a young kit from 26 paced yards, neatly taking it with a perfect brain shot, we were seeing rabbits bolting all over the place and we got a good idea of the better ways and angles to approach them next time, we split up and adam fancied the top "crop" fields while i wanted to stay in the woods, id brought a previously shot rabbit with me and split its guts and put it out in the field at the side of the wood at 25 yards to try and bag some crows, rooks etc etc, but soon got bored of waiting lol i wanted to explore and sitting still with my home made ghillie wasnt the way to do it, at least not yet, an hour had past and adam rings me from the other end of the permission telling me hes taken another rabbit thats 2-0 :no: and that hes seen loads out of range, up on my feet again and im seeing warrens and bolt holes everywhere, i can see squirrels under the feeders aswell but im not to bothered about bagging up today and any shot at range was out of the question, i just sat and watched what trees they were prefering and where they went, so when im here next time ill know exactly where to ambush :gunsmilie: we meet back up for a fag and an "excited" chat haha 5 hours have passed but it feels like weve only been here for 5 minutes, with the light fading i decide to sit just off one of the cut out tracks in the "managed" wood and it wasnt long before a big buck rabbit was hoping out of the undergrowth and onto the freshly cut track that runs all the way through the wood, prone postiong, bolt forward.....Thwack, down he goes, 40 yards and not a kick :thumbs: I could ramble on all day about the huge numbers we had seen but it would turn into a 100 page story, so ill let you boys admire the photos :thumbs:

003-16.jpg

we found the deers head lodged in a wire fence, poor thing must of got jammed up :thumbdown:

006-12.jpg

010-9.jpg

011-9.jpg

012-7.jpg

013-6.jpg

014-8.jpg

015-7.jpg

017-6.jpg

018-7.jpg

019-5.jpg

020-3.jpg

021-3.jpg

022-4.jpg

024-5.jpg

025-2.jpg

027-4.jpg

028-4.jpg

Edited by millsy44

029-3.jpg

030-2.jpg

031-2.jpg

032-1.jpg

034-1.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

037.jpg

038-1.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

041.jpg

042.jpg

045.jpg

046.jpg

048.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

052.jpg

Oh i almost forgot, i did get another opurtunity for another rabbit only to watch through my scope a feral cat pounch on the young rabbit and run off with it squealing away before i even got the first stage of my trigger pulled!!! haha

A video of us leaving and you get a qucik glimpse of the offending cat in the headlights as we leave the farm yard

Hope you enjoyed the write up, vids and photos lads

Atb peter :thumbs:

• Like 6

Hi Peter and Adam.

Well, first off have a well deserved SP for a terrific post, and pictures, thanks for sharing :thumbs:

I can see why you are both excited, what a stunning permission that is.

Nice wooded areas too, and managed, cant get better than that.

You are both very lucky and will no doubt have some fun filled and great hunting there together.

Look forward to your future posts and pictures, detailing your exploits.

Excellent permission, good hunting you two!!

ATB.

Bill.

it dont get much better than that millsy buddy i was trying to see if i knew any of that scenery (i work most of the ts postcodes lol) i bet your looking forward to getting to grips with it

atb gary

ps have an sp :victory: