lamping

dogman1

hiya mate yea i lamp mine, he does ok, but hes still only young, he caught on the very 1st time we took the lamp out, and the second whent racing off after a duck that was sat below a tree on one of our permissions, i have found though that he prefers to fly through the beam toward the rabbit rather than straight down the beam from the glove, its a completely different ball game to going out early morning, i didnt think id enjoy it when i 1st got asked to try it but now id recomend it to any one who wants to try something new :thumbs:

a bit of a tip get some of them starlight things that they use for fishing, the ones you crack and they glow in the dark. attach it to the anklet via a small elastic band, makes finding you bird a whole lot easyer in the dark.

• Like 1

a bit of a tip get some of them starlight things that they use for fishing, the ones you crack and they glow in the dark. attach it to the anklet via a small elastic band, makes finding you bird a whole lot easyer in the dark.

you can buy proper led tabs that clip onto the jesses they are a little bit brighter than starlights.

How do you set about training them to the lamp tried mine last season and she just flew straight up into a tree and sat there for the night she was bang on her flying weight so I never tried again

hiya mate the 1st thing i did was take him out with dummy bunny and got my brother to run it down the beam so that the bird associated the light with food, then when i wanted him to come back, shone the light on my glove and called him back, he took to it really quickly, also ive had a good mentor and lads round me that always offer advice, where are you mate? youre more than welcome to come out with us on the lamp if you want to have a watch? thumbs.gif

• 2 weeks later...

How do you set about training them to the lamp tried mine last season and she just flew straight up into a tree and sat there for the night she was bang on her flying weight so I never tried again

hiya mate the 1st thing i did was take him out with dummy bunny and got my brother to run it down the beam so that the bird associated the light with food, then when i wanted him to come back, shone the light on my glove and called him back, he took to it really quickly, also ive had a good mentor and lads round me that always offer advice, where are you mate? youre more than welcome to come out with us on the lamp if you want to have a watch? thumbs.gif

Very kind offer mate thanks very much I'm in staffordshire area Burton on Trent so a bit of a distance between us but come next season and I might take you up on it mate can't thank you enough for your kindness though mate really :thumbs:

Top man Gwill09 :thumbs:

thats a good genuine offer mate...

Jasp