In Wales the following can be docked:

1. Spaniels of the following breeds: English Springer Spaniel, Welsh Springer Spaniel and Cocker Spaniel, but not combinations of breeds

2. Terriers of the following breeds: Jack Russell Terrier, Cairn Terrier, Lakeland Terrier, Norfolk Terrier, but not combinations of breeds

3. Hunt point retrievers of the following breeds:

W-T-F!

:victory:

Sam

Whichever Welshman thought that up really shouldnt be allowed to think unsupervised! So cross breeds dont work? lol

I'm sure it says on my docking certificate that it's acceptable to dock a dog that is 'predominantly' composed of a named breed.. :hmm: I'm away to look. :thumbs:

1. Spaniels of the following breeds: English Springer Spaniel, Welsh Springer Spaniel and Cocker Spaniel, but not combinations of breeds

2. Terriers of the following breeds: Jack Russell Terrier, Cairn Terrier, Lakeland Terrier, Norfolk Terrier, but not combinations of breeds

W-T-F!

Sam

Whichever Welshman thought that up really shouldnt be allowed to think unsupervised! So cross breeds dont work? lol

I'm sure it says on my docking certificate that it's acceptable to dock a dog that is 'predominantly' composed of a named breed.. :hmm: I'm away to look. :thumbs:

I don't know, I don't think I've ever looked at mine. Mind due, whos goin to know what the make up is of a day old pup? Pfft complete load of sh*t IMO but hey ho :victory:

Sam

W-T-F!

Sam

It's type specific, not breed specific. :yes: Here's a sample taken from my JRT's certificate:

TD1.jpg

As you can see, on the next page is a section dedicated to the pup's dam:

TD2.jpg

From what it says on the certificate, I can't see there being an issue if the dam would have been of a different type to the pup. If it was breed specific, surely you'd be required to give the breed of the sire too? :thumbs:

PS. Totally agree with your above post. What a load of old bollocks eh? :rolleyes:

ive just gone and brought pup and she has had her tail dockd but i havent got any paper work for it , i dont need the paper work when i take her to the vets for her jabs do i ?

I wouldn't worry about it mate, nothing in the law that says you can't buy a dog that's already had it's tail docked. ;) If anybody pulls you up on it, say you bought it off a bloke at a car boot sale. :thumbs:

ive just gone and brought pup and she has had her tail dockd but i havent got any paper work for it , i dont need the paper work when i take her to the vets for her jabs do i ?

I wouldn't worry about it mate, nothing in the law that says you can't buy a dog that's already had it's tail docked. ;) If anybody pulls you up on it, say you bought it off a bloke at a car boot sale. :thumbs:

yea if they did ask i would just say i got her from a car boot , the end of her tail looks good , no bone or scabs on the end like some ive seen ,

thanks tim

That SIMPLE !! Do you think the Charity Animal Police would take that for an answer,don,t think so! More ,Prove IT !!

No doubt the'll be some sub Paragrath saying its' an offence to buy a docked pup without the proper papers and Microchip,As I believe you must change name of owner like a car as the chip will show up previous owner.

I'll wager you can't find evidence online of any cases where the owner of said unregistered docked pups has been taken to court and prosecuted for buying a docked pup, I've never heard of one. I know of a few breeders who have been prosecuted for having their pups docked, but never the owners of a docked pups.. :thumbs:

HOW DID THEY MANAGE TO GET A TOTAL BAN IN SCOTLAND ? :duh: Because of Apathy,or the Guys that are meant to be Running the Clubs.Assoc,Aren't up to the Job.? :icon_redface: Where was the (Scottish)F.M.W.T.c, N.W.T.F etc. :lazy: Please enlighten Me ,on the efforts made,or was it another case of it's only really Terrier Owners that will be effected,and they will ignore the ban anyhow.THEN we can Nail them !and rid ourselves of a tier of Hunting That is below us. :hunter:

M.F.H. Were willing to sacrifice the Majority of Us, as long their Hunt Staff could carry on,in the Past. :yes:

Is anyone looking into loopholes etc.That we all could utilise ?

There were a lot of representation from terrier clubs in Scotland and it is still ongoing my old man is at the moment advising club members to start lobbying their NEW msp's now re tail docking and also to report the abuse of statutary powers by some charities pm me if you need more info remember clubs are only as strong as their members what club are you a member of and what are you doing to have it overturned in Scotland?

HOW DID THEY MANAGE TO GET A TOTAL BAN IN SCOTLAND ? :duh: Because of Apathy,or the Guys that are meant to be Running the Clubs.Assoc,Aren't up to the Job.? :icon_redface: Where was the (Scottish)F.M.W.T.c, N.W.T.F etc. :lazy: Please enlighten Me ,on the efforts made,or was it another case of it's only really Terrier Owners that will be effected,and they will ignore the ban anyhow.THEN we can Nail them !and rid ourselves of a tier of Hunting That is below us. :hunter:

M.F.H. Were willing to sacrifice the Majority of Us, as long their Hunt Staff could carry on,in the Past. :yes:

Is anyone looking into loopholes etc.That we all could utilise ?

There were a lot of representation from terrier clubs in Scotland and it is still ongoing my old man is at the moment advising club members to start lobbying their NEW msp's now re tail docking and also to report the abuse of statutary powers by some charities pm me if you need more info remember clubs are only as strong as their members what club are you a member of and what are you doing to have it overturned in Scotland?

I think I'm right in saying that you have a total ban in Scotland and it is an offence to cross the border to have your litter docked. It is no offence to buy a docked dog from Englad or Wales and take it back to Scotland. I know this because I was talkin to a guy from BASC at a game fair as I was looking at havin a litter off my jack russell.

IMO it is a total load of balls and the people that dream up these rules should spend some time out with us lads and see what actually goes on and that it is important for working dogs to have docked tails and in fox hunting that 99% of the time a fox would already have been dead by the time the hounds got to it instead of sittin in their second homes, reading the properganda in the papers, looking out over the pond that they have had cleaned, ON US and their duck house that they bought with our money :thumbs: and if anyone from the above category ever reads this, you need to find your self a short rope and a tall tree because it's the best thing for our country :whistling: .

Lastly, something that these do-gooders don't realise is that ALL dogs of today are here because they were once bread for a reason and most were used for hunting. Rant over :victory:

Sam