hi guys after looking around some reviews i think because i think these are within my budget s400/10 or bsa ultra but which one is best out of the 2 thinking of 22 for rabbiting also which is quietest dont want to disturb neighbours any help appreciated or if there is any more guns in that range thx ,tony

p.s do i have to have a reg fitted if i buy one read some where that that it cost around 120 quid ...

hi guys after looking around some reviews i think because i think these are within my budget s400/10 or bsa ultra but which one is best out of the 2 thinking of 22 for rabbiting also which is quietest dont want to disturb neighbours any help appreciated or if there is any more guns in that range thx ,tony

p.s do i have to have a reg fitted if i buy one read some where that that it cost around 120 quid ...

hi mate get the s410 better gun than the bsa ..go for .177 better trajectory,,must be head shot though,,i am using a daystate airwolf in .177 awesome for rabbit control,,shot plenty with it,,

How did that happen mate? :blink:

Long story budd :thumbdown: but it left me witha section one caution :( fecking police sgt trying to be more than he is :thumbdown:

Can't say too much as I'm in a legal battle with this twating sgt!

Tony

what makes you go with ultra confusing this air gunning lol

Because the new MKIII's in the S200 all seem to be running at sub9 ft/lbs :thumbdown: whick is okay for nominal ranges :yes: but I like to go a little further. Couple of examples:

Tony

nice shooting there mate so the ultra as more power than the s400 what does the ultra power shoot at thx

That particular one was putting out 11.75 with Bisley Mags, less with other pellets.

Think they run at about 10 to 11 out of the box.

Power ??

All sub 12 lb air guns are just that , sub 12 lbs . That does`nt mean that it will run better at 11.5 than 10.5 . Peolpe are obsessed by power. Get on shoot the breeze and ask how many of the top shooters run their guns at 11.5 and how many run em at 10 ? I bet any money it`ll be the lower of the two . All guns are a tad low when new , as like all things they have to run in . You`ll need about 2000 pellets before its putting out full power , ide be weary of any gun thats running at 11 straight from the box .

Power ??

All sub 12 lb air guns are just that , sub 12 lbs . That does`nt mean that it will run better at 11.5 than 10.5 . Peolpe are obsessed by power. Get on shoot the breeze and ask how many of the top shooters run their guns at 11.5 and how many run em at 10 ? I bet any money it`ll be the lower of the two . All guns are a tad low when new , as like all things they have to run in . You`ll need about 2000 pellets before its putting out full power , ide be weary of any gun thats running at 11 straight from the box .

Very true Craig.

The real power of an air rifle is how accurate it truly is. Not in the grunt-level at the muzzle.

I was an ardent proponent for FAC level air power in .22 calibre hunting air rifles but, I've changed my mind as spring powered air rifles at least, have improved and their accuracy and reliability today, has never been better. I love my FAC HW80 for it's precise pellet accuracy with a whacking level of poke, but, I wouldn't have my HW77 or TX200 .22 rifles upped in power by a joule.

About 10.5 ft/lbs produces a very sweet shooting rifle and a very accurate shot. I like 11.5 FPE for .22 hunting, it just gives the right amount of humane punch in my view.

An air rifle doesn't honestly need any more than this, to do it's job in a skilled shooter's hands.

Simon