harris hawk tail feathers

gwill09

hi guys, does anyone have any tail feathers i could buy off them? my friends fhh has tail damage from her previous owner, she flys well but struggles stopping and her balance is off due to her shortened/damaged feathers, so he was thinking of imping her, if anyone can help that would be great

hi guys, does anyone have any tail feathers i could buy off them? my friends fhh has tail damage from her previous owner, she flys well but struggles stopping and her balance is off due to her shortened/damaged feathers, so he was thinking of imping her, if anyone can help that would be great

just let her moult out

my hawk moulted in her first year :thumbs:

how old was she mate? i didnt think they lost there feathers untill they were 1 year old?? because when they 1st get there plumage, about 8 weeks is it? they keep that for a year and then moult for the 1st time? not having a dig mate just putting what ive been told, cheers for the reply mate :thumbs:

how old was she mate? i didnt think they lost there feathers untill they were 1 year old?? because when they 1st get there plumage, about 8 weeks is it? they keep that for a year and then moult for the 1st time? not having a dig mate just putting what ive been told, cheers for the reply mate :thumbs:

bought her in september 08, moulted for the first time march 09 :thumbs: she was born in 08

Edited by Parabuteos lad

bought her in september 08, moulted for the first time march 09 :thumbs: she was born in 08

yea so shell be the same then mate, she was bought this year so she wont be moulting till next year, got some feathers so she should be ok now

yea so shell be the same then mate, she was bought this year so she wont be moulting till next year, got some feathers so she should be ok now

what date did you buy her? when did she hatch?