,,you do not need a license and its not against the law to keep them,,,firstly none of my wild polecats latch on to me,last years litter i bred were given away to a few genuine rabbiting boys which i knew would give them a go on the rabbiting later in the season,,i can name two lads which have just kept them as pets...the rabbiting lads are chuffed with them ,,,obviously a bit stronger on the rabbit which will lead to a dig,,handling wise have been ok apart from ade33uk on this site which is struggling a bit with the jill i gave him,ade has had two from me a young hob last year and a jill later in the year,the hob is handling well but the jill which went to someone else again a well known ferret keeper but he couldnt do anything with her,even my wife could handle last years kits,,that just says it all,,i had the jill back for a few months before ade had her,she has calmed down a bit now,,i have offered to take her back,,,,why i breed them is the next subject its not money ,,i will be happy to give them away but what i have found unless i know the person if its for nowt especially these animals ,,,knock it on the head,,a term i have heard in the past,simply because they put them in the hutch and dont handle them and dont know how to handle the animal,,,,they are not for timid ferret keepers,,,i keep them on the looks they are stunning powerful animals,,,i keep a first x which i bred last year and she will not leave a rabbit warren until its empty,,i do hell of a lot of rabbit control,,anyone in south wales who wants to see them are most welcome,,,,if you dont like the idea of keeping these polecats thats up to you but dont put people off,if you have kept bred and worked them,by all means lets have your say on these animals,,and get in touch with me,,,

:thumbs:

Love to see some pics of your captive wild polecats. :thumbs:

Thanks.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

are you sure you are breeding wild polecats or just polecat ferrets that have escaped, wild pole cats are very big half again the size of ferrets male would take both hands to fit around thier necks i

If you want a polecat, talk to this lad. If you dont, fu@k off and stop giving him grief.

,,you do not need a license and its not against the law to keep them,,,firstly none of my wild polecats latch on to me,last years litter i bred were given away to a few genuine rabbiting boys which i

these are the pitbulls of the ferreting world .

hey everyone i got a polecat ggrrrrrrrr

not saying that you dont have a point there,but i wouldnt say all polecat owners keep them for that reason mate.like i said i have never kept ferrets only polecats.the reason i got mine was more of a wee project to see if i could rear them to a working abiity and it worked out for me.also like i said i very much boubt that these darrk polecats are wild.think they are adcvertised as that for the novelty aspect.until you actually rear one and work it then to condem everyone who trys to keep one is pretty much shuttered thinking.ive said before the worst ferret bite i ever recieved was from an albino ferret i could have killed the wee b*****d.ive reared loads of polecat litters over the years and can honestly say i never had any trouble with them latching on to me.if your not being asked to feed or work them why would you actually care what anyone did.everyone is entitled to an opinion and its a forum just for that ,but some lads just refuse to accept anyones elses opinion.like locators i think they are shite but some swear by them and would never put a ferret to ground without a collar.i understand that and if it works for you then fill your boots.

not saying that you dont have a point there,but i wouldnt say all polecat owners keep them for that reason mate.like i said i have never kept ferrets only polecats.the reason i got mine was more of a wee project to see if i could rear them to a working abiity and it worked out for me.also like i said i very much boubt that these darrk polecats are wild.think they are adcvertised as that for the novelty aspect.until you actually rear one and work it then to condem everyone who trys to keep one is pretty much shuttered thinking.ive said before the worst ferret bite i ever recieved was from an albino ferret i could have killed the wee b*****d.ive reared loads of polecat litters over the years and can honestly say i never had any trouble with them latching on to me.if your not being asked to feed or work them why would you actually care what anyone did.everyone is entitled to an opinion and its a forum just for that ,but some lads just refuse to accept anyones elses opinion.like locators i think they are shite but some swear by them and would never put a ferret to ground without a collar.i understand that and if it works for you then fill your boots.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

so again lots of views on the animal which is a born killer of rabbit,,love them or hate them,,,james mackay has been selling them for years,,in the right hands perfect rabbit control partners,,,in the wrong hands waste of hutch space,dont handle,skulkers,,,last years litters went to working homes and pet homes,,,all still alive and have bolted rabbits,no problems,,,a lot of people on most sites talk about rabbit control and like everything else a master in the sport,,,i work my polecats and ferrets,lurcher,,i dont go asking people have you got a spare rabbit for my 10 ferrets,,,simply i catch them myself,unfortunately if you keep working animals get out there and learn the art and what its about then dictate about them/if you havent kept them dont slag the animal down,,number of times i get asked have you got spare rabbit when the guys got bloody ferrets of his own,,,same on most sites lads i expect critisism and i enjoy the crack,but it pisses me off when i know someones talking bullshit like i said proof is here come and see them,,,, i have been asked to cross my wild hob with a mink,,nice cross that will be,,,i will have polecat x black eyed silver kits hopefully,,,i am from neath south wales and over the last couple of years my polecat youngsters have been used in the sport of rabbiting,,ratting,,with no skulkers,,

are you garry from neath or neath abby bunny killer i am ged numberonepoacher ystradgynlais if you are you know me and 20years ago i had a polecat cross off you she was better than any ferret that ever lived

yes

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I still have the same blood I had off bunny killer 20 years ago and still top class workers but last year they go a waste-ing deseaease has any body had this because in all my years this is the first time I have ever seen it they seem to just waste away and dont want to drink or eat and then they die, I hand feeded one but he still died but lucky one male lived although in the same cage as the ones that died i have bread him with the last jill I have got hope i get a big litter of kits signed numberonepoacher

was down in aberdare at mountqain ash guy had awild polecat you need ed gloves to handle it couldnt work it he had it as asmall kit , dont see anything they could give to a good working strain of ferret ,apart from a dark mask and well a bit diffrent , in saying thta i would try one if it never worked out it would go were the rest go chopp and burry it ,to me an animal has to graft if it doesnt welll no good to man nor beast

I still have the same blood I had off bunny killer 20 years ago and still top class workers but last year they go a waste-ing deseaease has any body had this because in all my years this is the first time I have ever seen it they seem to just waste away and dont want to drink or eat and then they die, I hand feeded one but he still died but lucky one male lived although in the same cage as the ones that died i have bread him with the last jill I have got hope i get a big litter of kits signed numberonepoacher

I had a hob about 15 years ago that had something similar, all of it's muscles on its back and back legs just seemed to waste away in a matter or weeks. I thought it had a spine problem and in the end it was dragging its back end around but the vet inspected it and didn't think it had damaged its spine but couldn't really tell me what had happened. It could only stand on its back legs if supported, otherwise it just fell to the side. Just kept getting weaker and weaker and in the end just died. Never did find out what caused it and never seen it since.

I had a hob about 15 years ago that had something similar, all of it's muscles on its back and back legs just seemed to waste away in a matter or weeks. I thought it had a spine problem and in the end it was dragging its back end around but the vet inspected it and didn't think it had damaged its spine but couldn't really tell me what had happened. It could only stand on its back legs if supported, otherwise it just fell to the side. Just kept getting weaker and weaker and in the end just died. Never did find out what caused it and never seen it since.

Maybe that feline/cat disease, I,m just guessing though :hmm:

yep , i would love a polecat that latches on to me everytime i take it out . where do i sign up? ffs :wallbash:

well said mate the things are a f*****g liability :yes:

I notice that all such opinions come from folk who haven't had them !

yep , i would love a polecat that latches on to me everytime i take it out . where do i sign up? ffs :wallbash:

well said mate the things are a f*****g liability :yes:

I notice that all such opinions come from folk who haven't had them !

any ive seen you wouldent want to hold never mine own :thumbs: