Oryt peeps I have just got a new gun with scopes fitted but they are not set up. What's the best way about setting them up as I don't have a clue.

I have got some targets and know about adjusting the sight but I am struggling with how far do I need to be to set them up? Also the sights have zoom on them and what should that be set too when I am setting them up?

Thanks

set your targets at about 30 yards.take 3 shots at bull and see how they group and where they land.then its just a case of adjusting turrets either up,down,left or right.if its a new gun it may take a few pellets to settle in.then its just a case of practice at various distances to get used to gun and scope.

atb sneeky

That's for reply sneeky. Should I have the zoom set right out or zoomed right in?

whatever you are more comfortable with mate,i usually have my mag at 8 or 9,just remember the higher the mag the more you will see how much you move across the target unless you are shooting from a rest.

atb sneeky :thumbs:

Been out today with a target and noticed that if I am shooting at 50 yards the site is way out. Do you think I should set this as the benchmark with the scope zoomed in?

Thanks

if rifle is 12ftlb i would set my targets 35/40 yards,what pellets are you using?

atb sneeky :thumbs:

I am using Bisley pest control pellets. I was speaking to a lad at work today and he said set it at about 35 yards with the scope set at 4x magnification?

I have never had a scope with zoom so it's all new to me lol.

hi my gun is a daystate airwolf in .177 with a niko sterling niteater 4 x16x50..my mag is on 6 ,,,when i zero the gun i pace out 25yds set out a plain piece of a4 paper ,,,aim at centre and where the pellet lands aim at the pellet hole again then work from there,,,a lot of my rabbit shooting are around 25yds to 30yds,,,i dont shoot over my capabilities,,its not fair to the bunny,,,always head shots,,,no body shots,,,,be a master at 25yds shooting than an idiot missing things and wounding rabbits at 50yds,,,