Last Time I will ever lend gear to a mate.

Just Before Christmas I lent a mate of mine a pair of Luger Binoculars , mid range job nothing fantastic but still cost a couple of hundred quid, He now claims that they have been stolen and refuses to reimburse me for the loss.

The thing is I dont believe him one bit, this has caused our friendship to become strained to say the least.

I will never ever trust anyone again and will never ever lend any gear again to anyone.

I feel so infuriated about it I feel the only way I am going to get renumerated for my loss is to take him to court and shame him into coughing up.

Has anything similar happened to anyone else on here and more to the point what did they do to get their money back.

The thing is I dont believe that the binos where stolen and I think that he still has them which makes it worse.

Regards

Cap

Edited by Caprelous

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just say it's not a problem, ask him for the details and tell him that you will need to have a crime number to claim off your insurance, so if he could relay the details to the police when they call h

Give him a slap to make yourself feel better then write it off as a lesson learned. I wouldnt waste your time in court, cost more than the binos are worth

Old chinese proverb..... if you lend £20 to someone and you never see them again it is money well spent. Now add inflation to the old Chinese Proverb and you got a couple of hundred quid.   Reveng

Take him too court!!! f**k that. Will we see you on judge judy...?

Just put it down to lives learning curve and not speak to the twat ever again.

Take the f****r to court any real mate would get you a new pair without thinking about it cause that's what real mates do it don't mater that they where stolen they where in his care at the time so its his problem :thumbs:

• Like 1

Just Before Christmas I lent a mate of mine a pair of Luger Binoculars , mid range job nothing fantastic but still cost a couple of hundred quid, He now claims that they have been stolen and refuses to reimburse me for the loss.

The thing is I dont believe him one bit, this has caused our friendship to become strained to say the least.

I will never ever trust anyone again and will never ever lend any gear again to anyone.

I feel so infuriated about it I feel the only way I am going to get renumerated for my loss is to take him to court and shame him into coughing up.

Has anything similar happened to anyone else on here and more to the point what did they do to get their money back.

The thing is I dont believe that the binos where stolen and I think that he still has them which makes it worse.

Regards

Cap

play him at his own game lend something off him and f**k him off

Old chinese proverb..... if you lend £20 to someone and you never see them again it is money well spent. Now add inflation to the old Chinese Proverb and you got a couple of hundred quid.

Revenge is a dish best served cold, get yer own back and walk away forever. World's full of twats and choose your buddies better.

• Like 2

I had a similar thing happen a while back when I lent a very expensive fishing pole and two very expensive rods to a friends young son(he now fishes for England).He subsequently broke the pole and when I asked for it back he pushed it through the letter box rather than see me,and when I got it out of the tube the end section was snapped in 3 places.I had spent money and a lot of time teaching this lad to fish,and when I spoke to him he said that he hadn't broken it,and that I must of done it.I then spoke to his father and he said that he believed his son and that he wouldn't do anything about it.I gave his father a load of abuse,and told him to Feck hiself and I haven't spoken to either of them since.I didn't even think of taking them to court I just drew a line under it,but,I am like an elephant and I never forget so the lad would never get any help of me ever again.Unfortunately there are plenty of people out there like it mate,but,don't let it tarnish the good ones.

Martin

• Like 1

give the fecker a slap then ask him to pay and if he doesnt pay let him no the next slap will be followed by real pain until you get ya money mate.a true friend would get you some more but the worse thing is it makes you keep your distance from good friends so its once bitten twice shy mate.

Take the f****r to court any real mate would get you a new pair without thinking about it cause that's what real mates do it don't mater that they where stolen they where in his care at the time so its his problem :thumbs:

yer any real mate would just get you a new pair :thumbs: so tell him to pay the f**k up or :boxing: :black eye:

Just roll with it. I lost 2oo quid to a 'mate' who needed money to pay bills he said. I lent him it and he spunked it on drink, never to see it again.

I would have lent him a grand had he asked so i learned my lesson. Money well spent.

• Like 1

Just say it's not a problem, ask him for the details and tell him that you will need to have a crime number to claim off your insurance, so if he could relay the details to the police when they call him, you would be most grateful. Now if he is an FAC holder, watch for the brown patches appear.

John

• Like 7

......if you can't afford for it to be broken/damaged or lost then don't lend it is my experience ! :no: :no:

If he is prepared to do that, he was never a mate in the first instance he was one of lifes users :wankerzo4: :wankerzo4: :wankerzo4:

......if you can't afford for it to be broken/damaged or lost then don't lend it is my experience ! :no: :no:

If he is prepared to do that, he was never a mate in the first instance he was one of lifes users :wankerzo4: :wankerzo4: :wankerzo4: