what is the tallest lurcher u have ever known to run rabbits

my mates deerhound grey colli grey 29'' and hammers them seen it take about 14 or 16 rabbits cant remember in 1 night

that x was very popular mid 70s, and alot made 25-29in good on rabbits. I dont think its so much the height of a dog to catch stuff, its the weight that goes against them. Ive seen some 27in dogs brill on rabbits, but most were only 55-60lb, which aint really heavy for a dog that height. Its the weight not height, as when they are on the heavy side they loose agilty, and agilty is what you need to pick up quarry, when running over 30mph :thumbs:

• Like 2

this dog can scoop them up for fun and has good agility was,nt bred for just rabbits but more then capable of numbers ,think his best this season on the lamp was 27 rabbits in 1 night ,he just under 29tts 81Ibs

STA72612-4.jpg

STA72581.jpg

STA72585-2.jpg

STA72605-5.jpg

in the early 80s i was going lamping with a lad his dog was 32 inch and could hoover the rabbits and was a class act in the day 3/4 greyx deerhound not seen any thing like it up to date looked alot like the dog poacher as put up atb troter

Cousin used to have big deerhound x grey 30 tts to be honest coudnt run for shit

my pall had 29tts wheaton greyhound crooss big heavy sett dog and it won a lamping rabbits compertition mate against so called good rabbiting dogs up blanchland co durham that was slip for slip on them this dog towered above 23tts and 24tts bredfor bunny dogs :victory: the lad in question was a davy young with his dog rio

just woundered

i had a hancock bred dog blue mearle 27tts called tarn in the 90s mate would take 20 plus a night and still take fox or two in same night seen this dog do four fox a night with ease then go on to take 14 bunnys in essex larger dogs can and do take big bags if the dogs agoodin turn its tallents to owt :notworthy::notworthy:

All the best ones Ive had or seen were between 23-26inches, but I worked with Axel from the Lurchermaina videos, and although his owner prefered catching other things with him, I saw him take into the 30`s he was just over 30 inches.